Technical Red Key Issues - T Reg Punto.

Currently reading:
Technical Red Key Issues - T Reg Punto.

ash213

Purchased a T reg punto today as my first car but didnt come with the 'Red key' or a spare key. The punto is 'Punto 60 Team' if that means anything.

What do you guys suggest i do ? Do i need to purchase a spare, or even a red key ?

One other thing , i have to fit a radio as it didnt come with one, will the red key effect an installation of a radio ? Thanks guys.

Puntoboy

Jaaaag man.
Easy enough. The blue keys can be copied nowadays so get yourself down to an automotive key coding place and get yours copied ASAP.

OP
OP
A

ash213

How much does it cost to get a copy of the keys. I have 2 keys, but they are for each of the 2 doors, as one of the doors is a newer door, therefore i will have to get both keys copied i presume.

OP
OP
A

ash213

Basically the guy said the passanger door was replaced, and has a different lock, henc different key, so im presuming he has never had a red key in the first place.

So yeh il have to get both replaced, how much will this cost ?

OP
OP
A

ash213

So you mean the driver door £25, and the passenger door £5 ?

OP
OP
A

ash213

OK Cool, can you recomend anywhere ? I live in BRISTOL.

What exactly do i search for , key cutting shop wise, to find out if they do cars?

cheers

The Sultan

Bravo 1.8 HLX FTW
surely you would get in the drivers side to open the passengers side door the point being you would have a key that starts the car if you lost yours

no point in getting one for the passengers door really