Red Key, Blue Key confusion

Currently reading:
Red Key, Blue Key confusion

D

DAz

Hi,

Help! Fiat and their blasted key system.
My car comes with the standard fit Fiat alarm, unfortunately I only received the RED key and so cannot use the alarm or the remote central locking, as this is operated by the Blue key only.

I hear many conflicting stories about how to set this up etc. Can I buy a blue blank key from Ebay and program it to my car? If so what do I need? and how do I do it. Some say you need a code, which I also don't have. Please help me with this rather confusing subject.

Thanks
DAz

Fiat Brava 1.6 ELX P Reg 1997
Metallic Red

as I understand it the code is only needed should there be a prblem with the ecu and needs resetting with the red key

I don't think you need the code to recode a blue key.

Please someone correct me if I am wrong.

The code is needed if the immobiliser ECU fails. The red key is used to program new blue keys into the immobiliser ECU.

Thanks all,

how do I program a blue key in please and can I use a blank one from Ebay?

DAz

Metallic Red

No,no,no. The Red Key does as above recodes the chip inside a new blank blue key to work with the immobilisor. Basically you can start the car with the new key BUT you want to work the Alarm and RCL.

A 4 digit code is provided with a new blue key, however to get it to work you must have atleast one working blue key and the code for that key. Without it you need to buy a new receiver, which will cost £270. Its incorporated into the roof ceiling light. If you have a MK1 Bravo you can fit a Genuine RCL kit from Fiat or Ebay and it has a seperate fob to open and close the doors. But no Alarm.

Banner.JPG

Only But Fiat with Red Key and 2 Blue keys

Many Thanks for reply.

A hard lesson learnt, don't buy a Fiat without all the keys 1 Red and 2 Blue, as the replacement costs are a rip-off. I'll have a look on ebay for the RCL and forget the Fiat alarm.

DAz

Metallic Red

Hi again, could you point me in the right direction in Ebay as I did a search and it only came up with Remote alarm systems, and I assume you are talking about the RCL with a replacement Relay and Fob.

Thanks
Daz

Metallic Red

Yeah its the genuine Fiat Key Fobs with a Yellow Relay. Just keep an eye out on ebay for them. Wimmy used to sell them but i believe he sold out and i think someone on here may have one they dont use anymore.

Banner.JPG

Vaguely on this topic, i have both blue keys and the red key for my bravo, but, one of the blue keys no longer works the rcl/alarm. it just stopped (not the batteries either). I've followed the programming procedure in the manual but it does sod all. The other blue one works fine, any ideas?

RE: Broken Blue key.

I would recommend you buy another blue key and then you can use the existing Red and Blue key to re-programe the new one, after you have it cut of course. This was advice given too me by a Fiat garage, they advised me that if you have the red and blue key then you can re-programe a new blue key, which I was unlucky enough to only have the red key, sucks lol.

Good Luck

Metallic Red