Reccomended insurers?

Currently reading:
Reccomended insurers?

I need to renew on march the 17th and not having a job at this moment in time, I would like to get the best deal I can :)

Well I'm 17, currently with Provident paying £115 a month and on a short term 6 month policy, Parents chipped in £200 each at the start to help me out so it worked out at £895 for 6 months.

With this I get a NCB boost so i'll have 1 years NCB to my name, I can take it to other insurers but first I got to see who accepts this, Might have to be an over the phone job because all the websites wont allow it.

I'm afraid I'm going to end up with the NCB boost and no one will accept it so i'll have to stay with these and keep paying the same, I got the equivilent of a passpluss discount with them (35%) but its still effing high lol

If that fails I'll do passplus and go with direct line for about £1200 for the year :(

Yea they always come out at around £2300 so I never bother with the comparison sites
The cheapest I've found is Directline which is £1600 without passplus

They gave me stupid quotes to start with aswell, though 5 were always the cheapest so i called them, and got it MUCH cheaper :)

Obviously didnt insure with all 5 lol

My dads with churchill so I could get the discount for another driver in same household :)
I'll have to start with comparethemarket then ring them all up, List the lowest prices, ring the others seeing if they are willing to beat it lmao, I doubt I'll get very far with that but might as well try :)

Thanks

i found something very strange the other day whilst renewing my policy on confused.com
i know most new drivers will go for either a 3rd party only or tpft policy, however i found that every single company on there got cheaper if you go fully comp.
sounds silly but how many 17 yr olds will go for 3rd party expecting it to be the cheapest option without checking fully comp? i managed to get my first policy of my own, fully comp for a third of the price of 3rd party only.

give it a try :)

i found something very strange the other day whilst renewing my policy on confused.com
i know most new drivers will go for either a 3rd party only or tpft policy, however i found that every single company on there got cheaper if you go fully comp.
sounds silly but how many 17 yr olds will go for 3rd party expecting it to be the cheapest option without checking fully comp? i managed to get my first policy of my own, fully comp for a third of the price of 3rd party only.

give it a try :)

I found that also, but was planning on going fully comp anyway, and not sure if its because I was fully comp this year.

Same happened on the website of a individual company (can't remember which one).

So is it just us, or every this happenes to :confused:

Back