Technical Rear wiper

Currently reading:
Technical Rear wiper

icom102

My rear wiper when I turn it on works fine when I turn it off it wont stop the only way to get it to stop is by turning the car off any ideas what is needed to fix this ?

My rear wiper when I turn it on works fine when I turn it off it wont stop the only way to get it to stop is by turning the car off any ideas what is needed to fix this ?
On some makes of vehicle wiper motors this can be a problem with the internal parking mechanism inside the unit, if lucky they just need cleaning, but often a part has broken and is shorting across providing a feed.
As a bodge it may be possible to locate the permanent feed to the wiper motor and simple disconnect it, however this would mean when turned off it will stop at that point rather than "self park".
Basically the idea is when you switch off the wiper and stop that live supply , then power is supplied to the parking part only, which should become dead as it reaches the "park" position nice and tidy at bottom of the screen.

So a new motor would fix ?
Ideally check first at the wiper motor using a multimeter/voltmeter to see if power from the "on" supply goes off when switched off and just leaves the "park" supply live.
This is just in case something else like a faulty switch, relay or ECU command is causing the issue.
However if when you turn off the ignition it doesn't "park" until ignition goes back on again, then it does point towards the wiper motor in my opinion.
Maybe others on Forum have a different suggestion? Either way I woulds always check all options before spending money as a few minutes with a multimeter should prove or disprove my point.:)

Ideally check first at the wiper motor using a multimeter/voltmeter to see if power from the "on" supply goes off when switched off and just leaves the "park" supply live.
This is just in case something else like a faulty switch, relay or ECU command is causing the issue.
However if when you turn off the ignition it doesn't "park" until ignition goes back on again, then it does point towards the wiper motor in my opinion.
Maybe others on Forum have a different suggestion? Either way I woulds always check all options before spending money as a few minutes with a multimeter should prove or disprove my point.:)
Cheers I can get that done and see from there

Back