Technical rear subframe bush replacement

Currently reading:
Technical rear subframe bush replacement

Have removed beam axle to replace bushes and fix some corrosion where the coil springs sit; the metal part of the bushes is corroded badly and have removed them but I cannot figure out how to fit the new bushes or even how they stay in; are they simply an interference fit? Is a special tool needed?
Any advice much appreciated.....

full new bushes you need to make a tool like this
tool1.JPG

repair cups just bolt over the old bush,

Thanks for quick replies; I have 4 new complete bushes not cups; thanks for pix Dave but I still cannot see what holds the bush in place as the bolt only seems to hold the bush to the subframe not the beam axle; is your repair tool used instead of a hydraulic press? Does the bush push down into the beam axle or up? Also the rear bush I have got seem longer than the ones I removed. Has the design been changed?
regards, tim

Thanks Dave,
I can see how the tool works but I suppose I am surprised that there is not more than just a press fit holding the bush in place; I presume the bush is pressed "down" into the beam axle ie between the subframe and beam axle but what stops the beam axle from dropping away from the bush if eg the car is jacked up or if is (temporarily) airborne?
Regards,
Tim

i think i've bought repair cups as opposed to bushes for my rear suspension bushes. Do they just clamp over the bushes then and are they easy enough to do?

Back