Technical Rear radius arm bushes....

Currently reading:
Technical Rear radius arm bushes....

Jonfiat

Car's just passed the Mot, but the rear suspension knocks like crazy, every time you go over the slightest bump, (it did before too)! should it have been allowed to pass the MoT!!

Does anyone know where I can get reconditioned rear radius arms?? Not looking forward to this job...

Suggestions please.

Also can I simply push out the old bush, leaving the bush casing in situ and press in a 'powerflex' type bush?? Or isn't it that simple, I suppose it's a 'how long's a piece of string' question? Depents how the bush has worn. Is the rubber molded to the sleeve during manufacture?

Also, what do the different bush colours mean, red, blue and yellow, different stiffness possibly - but which is what?

Regards

Jon:D

You need to get the entire bush out, including the outer metal part. If you can get the rest out of the wway (burning is the usual DIY way) the outer can carefully be cut through with a hacksaw and knocked out.

Just replace it with a polyurethane bearing. There are powerflex ones and cheaper Polish ones on eBay. I'm a bit worried that the Polski ones may not have stainless inner bushes, but you pays yer money......

Don't worry overmuch about stiffness, colour, and all that.

It's about a days work -- lots of plus gas on all the bolts first.

Back