Technical Rear Passenger Door Stopped Working?!

Currently reading:
Technical Rear Passenger Door Stopped Working?!

iadej

Hi, yesterday my friend opened the right rear door from the outside to get in the car. However when he wanted to get out the car, the door wouldn't open, it will only open if someone opens it from the outside.
The day before it was working fine as I had rear passengers and they didn't have a problem with opening the door from the inside.
What could have caused this?
I don't think I have a child lock either?
I have a 2007 MJET 150

Thank you

Last edited:
Hi thanks for the reaply
Where abouts is this white circle with a groove located?

Thank you

As you open the rear door, you should see two screws, then the locking mechanism, then a single screw with a white thing beside that screw. That is the child lock. If you're still having problems finding it, I'll upload a pic for you

To be honest I don't really know if I have child locks in my car, so I can't tell

All cars since a VERY long time ago have them on the rear doors.
So yes you do have them and your "issue" describes exactly how the rear doors will be with them turned on.

its either child locks or the cable has come out of the clip on the back of the handle, if its the cable you will be able to tell as it will feel loose and make a clicking sound, this clicking sound is the cable hitting the plastic clip it used to sit in, to fix it is easy enough, it took me roughly 30mins to remove both front and rear door cards, fix the cable back into the clip and reattach both cards, I had to do mine as I replaced the doors :eek:ops

Back