Technical Rpm cluster and water temp cluster stop working when driving

Currently reading:
Technical Rpm cluster and water temp cluster stop working when driving

m1r

Good evening, I have a problem with my car, Bravo 2008 with 200,000 km. After a long journey of approximately 1400 km, while driving, the clock indicating the engine speed and the water temperature simply stop while the engine is running. If I stop the engine and then restart it, the engine speed indicator and the water temperature return. I changed the engine rotation sensor without noticing an improvement. The diagnosis tells me that there is an error on the Can C network. From what I have read, it would be from the on-board computer. Can you give me some advice, has anyone faced something like this before.

I have U1601 on engine ecu and U1701 on body computer.

I have search al the internet but nobody didn't know. This mean C-Can comunication error. I was with car at electrician check wiring clean conectors. The error is intermittent.

I solved the problem myself. Everything happened upon returning from Greece to Romania. The first time the needle from the engine tachometer fell, then 2 days later the water thermostat needle also fell and in addition I got the error that the antifreeze temperature was high and the engine goes into protection and stops. When you put the tester on the car, it gave me the following errors, U1601 on the engine, U1701 on the trip computer, these mean a communication error on the engine node. Plus another low oil pressure error.
I will explain how I solved the problem. The first time I changed the oil pressure sensor and the low oil pressure error went away, the other U1601 and U1701 still remained plus the one with high antifreeze temperature and engine shutdown. Later, on the advice of a Fiat mechanic, I doubled the ground cables. The errors have not disappeared even now. Then I noticed that the battery was not good, it had no more amperage and could not start the engine and I changed it. Even now the errors have not been resolved. Then I noticed that the alternator with the consumers on only compensates up to 12.2 volts with the engine at 2000 revolutions. I also changed the alternator and it still hasn't been solved. I then borrowed the dashboard clocks thinking I had broken clocks. In the same way, the same errors were not resolved even with the changed clocks. Next, the U1601 on the engine ecu and U1701 on the computer board errors and the increased antifreeze temperature error did not go away, plus my tachometer and antifreeze temperature were dropping needles. Then I changed the crankshaft speed sensor and in vain. I sat and thought more and changed the thermostat. Now after changing it, the water temperature rise warning is no longer displayed, but still the clocks kept falling, the water clock and the tachometer . After this, I saw some videos on some Russian sites about the loss of connection to the Fiat Stilo on the canbus network, but which gave similar errors depending on what equipment the car had, abs, steering column and so on. I will continue in the next post.

I'm a doctor and I thought like this if you don't have a nerve you can't move your leg. All the mechanics told me that I have to change the computer because the computer is broken.The solution to the problem is the following, indeed there were some broken sensors that I changed, including the alternator, the battery and the water thermostat, but the errors did not disappear, there were errors can.
In the end i found the solution i walked in the connector under the fuse box from the fiat bravo that connector is black in color and with a purple lock it is the same as the fiat stilo. this connector under the fuse box is responsible for communications can. You need to untie and strengthen the pins so that they have better contact with the mam pins slightly bend the pins so that they come in firm contact with the mam pins there are other solutions but everyone does how wants .After I walked to this connector effectively disappeared all the errors U1601 and U1701. I wrote these things to help others because there were two weeks where the car actually went crazy it basically didn't respond to commands that was it It was like she was crazy.I want to point out that the car has 200,000 km and I have never had any problems with it, no errors until this time, I am trying to attach pictures and if you want you can also watch on the Internet or on YouTube or russian sites where you search for Fiat Stilo loose connection.

Attachments

• 20230808_065601.jpg
    20230808_065601.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 47
Back