Technical Rear Parking Sensors

Currently reading:
Technical Rear Parking Sensors

tipouno

Been getting the "Sensor Failure" warning on the dash for a while now, but they still worked, so ignored it. They have now stopped working so I got a price from the local Fiat dealer for replacement parts, which are: Sensors £90 EACH!
eek.gif
Wiring harness £60. Control Unit £106
I think these prices were all plus VAT, but I lost interest after the price of the sensors!! In the meantime I have disconnected the electrical connections and lost the dash warning and fault triangle. Am hoping this doesn't cause electrical problems.
I will no doubt end up by fitting an after-market set of parking sensors will will cost £49, having already fitted same to my Picasso.

Update: Re-connected control unit and sensor connections and found that now the two offside sensors work perfectly but the two nearside don't, which is a bit odd! Tried drying out sensors with a hair dryer - no joy.
As far as I am aware, the theory is that if just one sensor fails, none of them work. From groping underneath without dropping bumper, it feels as though the first nearside sensor has a problem in the wiring/connector. It's going for MOT tomorrow so will leave further examination til next week. Dealer wanted £78 plus VAT to drop bumper and remove sensors so I will do it myself.

sensors are £45, I reckon dealer quoted you for painting them as well...if not laugh as you walk out of the dealership door.

Buy a full aftermarket kit off ebay for less than £20, they are easy to fit.

Back