General Rear light swap, wanted left glass

Currently reading:
General Rear light swap, wanted left glass

MilanCorse

Present situation:

M4110022.jpg

Wanted:

2006_1008Image0005.jpg

Left rear glass to be identical to the right rear glass.
Anyone got this part for sale?

Yes, I've got the bits (I'll check when I get home in 9 days, in London on holiday at the mo), but in return I would like the LHD set please.

Is it just the reverse lense on the left you need, or do you also need a fog unit for the right?

Ideally I need atleast just the reverse unit for the right, and would also like the fog for the left if that makes sence (y)

Jon.

Just need the left one RHD, with reverse light.

I can get You as many LHD glasses as You want (or anybody else who's interessted), since I'm only living a mile from the scrapyard;)
Don't know about the costs but I expect no more than just a few pounds per set. However I have to find out how much the charges are for P & P to the UK.

Last edited:
Just need the left one RHD, with reverse light.

I can get You as many LHD glasses as You want (or anybody else who's interessted), since I'm only living a mile from the scrapyard;)
Don't know about the costs but I expect no more than just a few pounds per set. However I have to find out how much the charges are for P & P to the UK.

OMG your a bloody star. I'll get back to you (it's only reverse one's I need really). Are you planning to doing the same as me and having 2 reversing lamps :D

I've managed to do it to one of our 4 Panda's so far (y)

I'll be in contact about getting you one from ours and visa versa. As I say, just got to London and about to pop out to the pub to catch up with the lads.

Jon.

hello, i've got 2 uk rear lights spare as i imported my panda to spain. at the moment i have 2 seat panda lights on but would prefer the actual fiat ones as they fit better.

I would like to swap 2 or more reverse light glasses as well.
I have about 4 sets of dutch taillights on stock.
Maybe Milan and I could combine postage of several glasses to one adres in the UK? (In return for the same amount of UK glasses to one of our adresses).

Maybe Milan and I could combine postage of several glasses to one adres in the UK? (In return for the same amount of UK glasses to one of our adresses).

Thats one hell of a good idea.

So are you lot just after reverse lenses for the left hand side of the car, no fog lenses.

And us for reverse lenses for the right hand side.

Any UK members who are up for having two rear reversing lamps who have a spare reversing unit for our friends with LHD Pandas.

Abviously this is only going to work it you have a spare unit, rather than giving the unit you have on your car :p

All a bit confusing, but I think we'll get there.

As I say, I think (I've still to check when I get home) I have 2 spare RHD reversing lenses for exchange with someone who has 2 LHD reversing lenses.

Jon.

I think this will work out well, I'll talk it over with Aribold anyway.
I went to a local scrapyard today (not the one I live close to, but another one in the area)
They had about 8 classic Panda's but two of them where missing the rearlight glasses. So this means there are at least 6 glasses avalible of each side...take Your pick;)

would you like to swap 2 of your dutch tail lights for my 2 uk ones? i'm in spain.

would you like to swap 2 of your dutch tail lights for my 2 uk ones? i'm in spain.

Of course. If we split postage costs evenly.
I asume you need to have the dutch ones before you can send the UK ones to the Netherlands? Send me a PM or email with your adress and a close-up picture of the tail light with the reverse light and we'll sort things out.

Thanks John,
I fitted your left tail light yesterday. Bought a fog light from a japanese car from the breakers for €3,- , and fitted that as well. This is how it looks now:

06082008134ka9.jpg

06082008132wx0.jpg

I wanted 2 reverse lights, because I noticed that driving through a forest requires quite a lot of driving backwards. Trees can be difficult to see in the dark (or even dusk) with only one reverse light!

Last edited:
I wanted 2 reverse lights, because I noticed that driving through a forest requires quite a lot of driving backwards. Trees can be difficult to see in the dark (or even dusk) with only one reverse light!

If that still isn't enough you could always try what the contruction and 4x4 guys do - fit a worklight on the back or on the roof independently switched.

This is the kind of thing I mean - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/12v-worklight-Swivel-bracket-Land-Rover-Tractor-Ref-98_W0QQitemZ120291144236QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item120291144236&_trkparms=72%3A984|39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14.l1318

Trev

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
:bang: I Knew there was something I'd forgotten to do. Did you need anymore RHD lenses?

Very nice job with the fog lamp. How hard was it to fit?

Jon.

I could still use 1 or 2 RHD lights (with reverse). I think Milan could use 1 or more as well.

It took me about an hour to saw the hole, fit the surrounding frame, invent a bracket for the light itself, mount the light and do the wiring. The light is mounted to the body with an "L" shaped aluminum bracket. I made some extra bends in the bracket to make sure that ,in case of a collison, it ripples before the car body does :rolleyes:

Last edited:
To be honest, those lamp defenders don't really defend that much. In case of a small collision with a bird or something that size, they will probably cause more damage. :eek:
They just look nice on a 4x4 :D

I still have about 3 sets of continental tail lights. Anyone else interested in swapping (or buying) them?

If anybody has a UK Left rear lightglass for sale, please send me an e-mail and tell me how mucht You want for it incl. P&P
Via IBAN and Swift I can make a direct money transfer into your bank account.

Please respond at: [email protected]

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Back