General Rear Head Restraints - an extra??

Currently reading:
General Rear Head Restraints - an extra??

I notice on the options list for the S that 'Adjustable Rear Head Restraints' are a €60 extra. Does this mean the standard car has no rear head rests or that they're just not adjustable? Should I be ticking the box?

No rear head restraints so it will look like this:

Fiat-500-Review-2013-Fiat-500-Sport-rear-seats.jpg

hmm interesting, I just read the options list again and it also sais further down that split rear seats with adjustable head restraints is standard on both TA and 1.2 S.
Strange that Ell4ever's doesn't have either then. Maxi's right - you'd think they'd have to be standard from a safety aspect.

Last edited:
I thought some sort of law came into force that all cars must be supplied with rear head restraints. Can't believe they ain't standard (in 2013! My 1997 Laguna had them?!)

I thought some sort of law came into force that all cars must be supplied with rear head restraints. Can't believe they ain't standard (in 2013! My 1997 Laguna had them?!)

Nope, never been the case.

In 1997 your Laguna was a large family car, just like any large family car today which will have them ;)

I notice on the options list for the S that 'Adjustable Rear Head Restraints' are a €60 extra. Does this mean the standard car has no rear head rests or that they're just not adjustable? Should I be ticking the box?
My Pop is new and it came without headrests, however, the caryard called me about a month ago and said it has to have them fitted so book it in. I haven't done so yet. I don't know how the heck I will see out the back window with them in. But yes, it is a safety feature. I quite like it without them.

I don't know how the heck I will see out the back window with them in.

I'm pretty sure you can slide them down and retract them, so they hardly block any of your rear vision. At least, that's how it works on my 500C Lounge.

I had the old 1.2 sport and it didn't have them, when I ordered the S I was concerned, but they slot over the seat and hardly noticeable! The only time I'd have them up is with passengers and their heads would be in the way anyway! The only issue I have is that when I have to put the seats down, the head rests have to be removed completely!

Back