Technical Rear fog light /reversing light problem

Currently reading:
Technical Rear fog light /reversing light problem

The clue might be, to use your words "They are wired to each other!" IF they are actually wired together then surely they shouldn't be. Some vehicles have reversing lights on both the nearside and offside, but not many. The fog light as has been mentioned earlier must be on the offside. Is your MH Euro or UK built, as in the case of my German built Hobby, the rear light clusters are switched over in Germany for those vehicles destined for the UK market, and the fog and reverse lights switched with each other to comply with UK requirements. If your MH was built in Europe this could be what's going on in your case.

Hi guys
Great news : All working ok!:)
Gareth/Shingy
Thanks for all your pointers, they got me going in the right direction.
Without boring you to death with all the details the problem was in a large manufactures joint tucked up underneath the vehicle.
It has got wet at some point and there was corrosion on some of the terminals. I stripped it apart and cleaned every contact with emery paper (as per suggestion)(y) and put it back together and hey presto.

An interesting point was that there is a separate wire to the number plate lights from this joint and once repaired they too are working.

Thanks for your help everyone:):):):)
Seemore

Hi guys
Gareth/Shingy
Without boring you to death with all the details the problem was in a large manufactures joint tucked up underneath the vehicle.
It has got wet at some point and there was corrosion on some of the terminals. I stripped it apart and cleaned every contact with emery paper (as per suggestion)(y) and put it back together and hey presto.

An interesting point was that there is a separate wire to the number plate lights from this joint and once repaired they too are working.

Seemore

It will be the same again if you don't seal the box properly and work sealant into the loom coming in and out.

Hi guys
Gareth/Shingy

Seemore
We have also got a 150 multijet based motorhome, and we are also plagued with a problem on the rear fog lights. Can you please tell me where the junction box you refer to is actually located ?

Regards
Terry Birch

hi
The junction box is tucked up behind the bumper on the offside (mine is right hand drive so it will be the left when viewed from behind).
A point to bear in mind: on the same side of the vehicle about half way along the chassis there is an inline connecter. disconnect this before cleaning any of the terminals in the rear junction box.
This will avoid any short circuiting between the pins.

Good luck

Seemore(y)

Back