Technical Rear disc conversion

Currently reading:
Technical Rear disc conversion

Asteris said:
240mm at the rear on the other hand, might be too much and should certainly need a set of 257mm on the front to balance.

Hi,
Thats what I mean't, the weight at the rear of the Uno is greater than the weight at the rear of the cinq, so the options are fit a bias valve or fit the front setup from an Uno as well...... :)

Thanks
Paul T

paul_treg said:
Hi,
Thats what I mean't, the weight at the rear of the Uno is greater than the weight at the rear of the cinq, so the options are fit a bias valve or fit the front setup from an Uno as well...... :)

Thanks
Paul T

Sure, the 257/240 option will probably need a balance bias valve. Some time ago I saw a nice valve that could be adjusted from the inside of the car by a knob. If anyone has a link for online shopping of a valve like this, i would be obliged ...

Asteris
Do you know if the caliper mounting plate from a punto turbo fits to the cinq rear arm or does it fit differently to the uno turbo one?

I was going to do the uno conversion but new uno hubs are about £50 each,
Cheers
Adrian

No, Punto GT plates are totally different.

If you want to keep the cento hubs, you need to fit a 240mm disk (like our fronts) which is 40mm tall, (the 228 from uno is 46mm tall and that's why we need the Uno taller hubs with it).

To fit the 240mm disk, you need to custom fabricate the plates. In fact you need the same plates as the uno uses, only with the holes that the calipers mount, relocated by 6mm outwards ( (240mm-228mm)/2 ). As I said before, both rear calipers from Uno or GT, are the same.

If you can get one Punto GT caliper plate, that will give you the correct dimension from hub centre to caliper mounting bolts.

This punto bracket will not fit the cento because:-

1) The centre bore is too small and there aint enuff meat on it to bore out

2) There is only one monting bolt hole that lines up.

We used the one punto plate plus an old drum back plate to get the dimensions for all the holes.

Cheers

D

Cheers smokeme
Interesting article,i tried translating the guys original article and it seems to mention some sort of proportioning valve?
Also do you have seicento inc web address?
Cheers
Adrian

AIJ29 said:
Cheers smokeme
Interesting article,i tried translating the guys original article and it seems to mention some sort of proportioning valve?
Also do you have seicento inc web address?
Cheers
Adrian

The stock valve is fine if you do both discs at the same time otherwise the rear will lock, in this case you need an adjustable one;)

The address in unknown yet, i'll see what i can do(y)

fixitagaintomorrow said:
Do you need to reduce the fluid pressure to the rear disc brake calipers if you do this?
No, in CC and SC on rear brake lines are fluid pressure limiters. Only SC Van have tradicional regulators but I think that this version is no aviable in U.K.

Are you sure that the van's regulators are user adjustable ?
The c/n on the Eper parts CD, shows it's the same as the one on the Punto and as I recall, this is only a level depended pressure limiter, if the rear end lifts, the limiter relιefs the pressure, in order for the wheel not to lock.

Last edited:
Performance shops usually carry adjustable ones, i have one on my Panda and it sits under the dash (or whatever you call that useless shelf thing:p , it's my trash can and holds all my tuning junk(y) )

Asteris said:
Are you sure that the van's regulators are user adjustable ?
You understand me wrong. The van regulators are adjustable by the height of suspension. Heaver car (lower suspension) = higher fluid pressure.

Asteris said:
No, Punto GT plates are totally different.

If you want to keep the cento hubs, you need to fit a 240mm disk (like our fronts) which is 40mm tall, (the 228 from uno is 46mm tall and that's why we need the Uno taller hubs with it).

To fit the 240mm disk, you need to custom fabricate the plates. In fact you need the same plates as the uno uses, only with the holes that the calipers mount, relocated by 6mm outwards ( (240mm-228mm)/2 ). As I said before, both rear calipers from Uno or GT, are the same.

Managed to scan the Uno turbo rear caliper mounting plates

plakaki228.jpg

and made the custom one to fit the 240mm rear disk, using photoshop:

plakaki240.jpg

Do not use the above pictures, size is not the right one, only for illustration purposes.

I will soon convert it to CAD format, in order to get it cut directly from a CNC router machine.

How do you know that they are right for the Cinquecento?
The ones I have done for my conversion looked quite different, because otherwise the chassis would have hacked of some bits of the caliper at the first bump.

I already use the original plate in my Sei with no probs and I know a couple of guys with cinque using the same plate, also with no probs at all.

Check the folowing photo of my rear right wheel with the caliper installed, using the original Uno plate. I can't see where the caliper could foul the chassis. Unless you tried to install the caliper to the front way of the wheel.

Photo

Last edited:
The inner diameter of the big hole is 68mm. I believe you can calculate the rest.

unoturbobrakeb.gif

The modified one should have the two 10mm holes, relocated outwards by 6-6.5mm.

Hi
I`m looking at fitting an uno turbo rear disc set up but have 1 question,if i use uno discs and hubs won`t that mean i need different offset wheels?doesnt the hub size dictate the 45mm offset on the uno turbo?
Cheers
Adrian

Back