Technical rear bump stops

Currently reading:
Technical rear bump stops

madrat

Did I read on this forum that fiat coupé rear bump stops will fit the rear suspention on the 500?

Excellent.
Now the second one has fallen off I suppose I should replace them with something :p

Car rides so much better without them I don't want to fit originals again.

Don't run around without bumpstops. You risk damaging the damper rod on the shock if it takes a big hit.
Shorter ones (coupe) are better than none at all but they are designed to be used with a lowered car which may have a shorter shock damper rod.

I got a set of these of ebay for £5 with free delivery, don't know what they are supposed to fit but I thought I would give them a go.

They are just a tad shorter than the originals, but they don't have a solid bit at the top and the end is much softer.

Fitting was simple, didn't have to undo anything, squeeze thought spring smear a bit of petroleum jelly on nipple and in the hole :)D) and with the help of a big blunt screw driver they were in

With the car back on the ground clearance is about the same, Just hope with them being a bit softer their will be less crash and bang.

I’m in a pickle chaps just destroyed one of my new bump stops trying to fit
I’ve greased and tried in vain with all sorts of tools but still can’t get the nipple in!!! Advice please

This is the stuff you need. It's safe to use on rubber & plastic, and is also hugely water repellent.

Wear gloves when using it; it's the devil's own job to get it off of your hands otherwise.

Last edited:
Back