Technical Rear brakes

Currently reading:
Technical Rear brakes

arc

this is where i stand
Posting on behalf of GeX as he doesnt have net access:

Noticed a few days ago his rear right drum was hot, handbrake linkage half seized on. So quick trip to fit, new handbrake cable, new set of 4 shoes, new linkages.

First of all it was a pain to remove the old brakes (darn springs!). Now the car has new linkages, new cable and new shoes fitted. However - the shoes will not move far enough back it seems to allow the drum to spin freely. They are still still sticking on. They did it before the hand brake linkages went on. We can't see what can possibly be adjusted in there to make them not catch, they've been fully reassembled and the brakes stomped on a few times to try and centre them to no avail.

Not sure what to do with them, we took the car for a spin in a hope to centralise them but the drums just got hot - so we came home again

nope, i wasnt around when the brakes were put back together - i'l speak to chris tomorrow tho and see what he did - i'm just trying to get some suggestions on what to try

Yeah.

Have yu tried tapping the friction adjusters back towards the hub using a hammer? I coulkdnt get the drums on mine and that was the reason:)

Back