Technical Rear anti roll bar

Currently reading:
Technical Rear anti roll bar

It's a torsion beam rear suspension unit.... it's one great big antiroll bar with wheels bolted on either end.

I should add that stiffening the roll on the rear suspension is going to achieve nothing with the budget mcphersons at the front with cheap super thin front ARB.

The best place to start would be replacing worn out suspension components on the front, new struts and springs, new lower arms and a sprinkle of new bushings all round will make it drive like a totally different car.

Last edited:
It's a torsion beam rear suspension unit.... it's one great big antiroll bar with wheels bolted on either end.

I should add that stiffening the roll on the rear suspension is going to achieve nothing with the budget mcphersons at the front with cheap super thin front ARB.

The best place to start would be replacing worn out suspension components on the front, new struts and springs, new lower arms and a sprinkle of new bushings all round will make it drive like a totally different car.

Totally agree with this, a suspension refresh will transform your car :)

As the others say, new suspension bushes and springs/dampers. I run coilovers + full PowerFlex purple on mine - I find it well worth it, handling wise, and it's not unbearable as an everyday driver. But it is upwards of 800£ for that total package, which is quite a lot, especially considering the cars value - which needless to say, is a lot lower in UK than in Denmark.

Back