Ranking of production cult cars

Currently reading:
Ranking of production cult cars

Sznaps

Hi guys,

Some time ago I made up my mind to take on small project during my free time and create ranking of most popular classic (not only) production cars.

Main goal was to do comparision of classic Japanese cars agains European and American makes.

It took me a while but here it is.

www.cultrides.com

Site is new so I am sure it still contains some bugs and data inaccuracy which I intend to remove systematically.
Also because of young age of this ranking the rank hierarchy also has not been formed yet and may be a little chaotic. I hope that within a couple of weeks the hierarchy will at least start resembling the final order of cult cars.

Fiats are also in the ranking. I am sure there could be more :)

I have registered here mainly to let Fiat community know about this ranking but please do not underestimate my openmindness :) This forum seems to be one of the best organized I have seen so far and I think I will be glad to spend time here when I can. I hope you don't mind.

Thanks in advance for all suggestions. I will be noting them down and applying when possible timewise.

:)

I like it, but it didn't hold my interest for long. You could do with some articles and stuff to read about each car - development history etc.

You could even wikify it and allow users to add/modify cars, edit details etc.

In fact I intend to. There are quite many ideas that can be implemented but because of time limits - one at a time :) Thanks for the tip though.

I can see a fair few gaps and A LOT of cars i wouldn't call 'cult' in a million years. also quite a few of the pictures don't reflect the car quick example is the Fiesta RS pic is of a basic mk3 Fiesta.

and finally there are brands completely missing where is the Trabant, Moskvich, Lada, they might have been crap but have a big cult following all over europe and the UK and also a lot of the old british brands like Bristol, hillman, austin, morris etc

Andy thanks for the input. I changed the pic and added make categories.

There are many cars there that I would not call "cult" but it does not mean that other people wouldn't eighter

Last edited:
Pretty good website, as already said there are cars included that I wouldn't call cult but that's just a biased opinion.

I'm also a bit concerned as to who has been voting, I mean the Golf GTI 42nd? It should be equal 1st with the Audi Quattro, not that rot box Quattro copy Integrale thing. This of course is NOT a biased opinion;)

Runs for cover

Pretty good website, as already said there are cars included that I wouldn't call cult but that's just a biased opinion.

I'm also a bit concerned as to who has been voting, I mean the Golf GTI 42nd? It should be equal 1st with the Audi Quattro, not that rot box Quattro copy Integrale thing. This of course is NOT a biased opinion;)

Runs for cover
Quattro copy? I always thought it was similar to mark 2 golf.

A cult car needs to have a cult following, the MG SV never technically went into production. So can't really be a cult car, and the ford Scorpio 2.9 v6 was the ugliest and most disliked car in recent history as such they are pretty much all in scrap yards,

You also have a million and one newish BMW models which have a long time to go to achieve cult status? And where is the Z1?

And finally where is the Ford Cortina ?

Quite a cool little website.. I notice that i can vote again 2moro, I think a user should only be able to vote for a car once or your just gonna end up with some saddo voting for their car everyday :rolleyes: I shall spread the word though, will be interesting how it all settles down in time.

I thought that as well, perhaps force users to register to be able to vote, otherwise a user could easily vote multiple times by simply disconnecting their internet and obtaining a new IP address.

Quite a cool little website.. I notice that i can vote again 2moro, I think a user should only be able to vote for a car once or your just gonna end up with some saddo voting for their car everyday :rolleyes: I shall spread the word though, will be interesting how it all settles down in time.

Me wonders if that's how so many Audis are doing so well.

Hi guys thanks for response :)

Well yeah you can vote multiple times no problem. I think that if some group of people wants to promote their cult car they will present force great eanough to outclick any person who resets his/hers ip all the time. Some makes are higher in rank than others maybe because i have informed them earlier. Got full time job, kid and only two hands you know :) help me out guys hehehe

Ford Cortina right. Noted. If nobody puts it in earlier then I will when time allows. Thanks!

Hi guys thanks for response :)

Well yeah you can vote multiple times no problem. I think that if some group of people wants to promote their cult car they will present force great eanough to outclick any person who resets his/hers ip all the time. Some makes are higher in rank than others maybe because i have informed them earlier. Got full time job, kid and only two hands you know :) help me out guys hehehe

Ford Cortina right. Noted. If nobody puts it in earlier then I will when time allows. Thanks!

mk1 lotus cortina :yum:

Great site (y)

Needs more oddball cult JDM cars.

For example, no mention of Isuzu. Heres 2 cult machines...
aska_top.jpg

!BwfvIq!BWk~$(KGrHqJ,!ioEv1+0Fjq,BMJOQ4PqRQ~~_35.JPG

Keep up the great work ;)

The delta is obviously the best. And thats not a biased opinion ;-)

No no no, the original is always the best, Die Hard proves this point, the original, and therefore best, 4wd performance hatch is the Audi Quattro.:D

I accept that the Delta does look like a Mk2 Golf, they say that the imitation is the sincerest form of flattery(y)

Back