Technical Radio Upgrade - Double Din Swap - S600

Currently reading:
Technical Radio Upgrade - Double Din Swap - S600

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶
mikem1989

I'm going to try flashing this rom: http://forum.xda-developers.com/android-auto/mtcb-software-development/rom-fuse-support-t3274272

Seems promising!
Smiik

My reverse cam didn't work either when connecting the power to the head unit. Try wiring the positive and negative directly to the battery terminals to test your camera.

Once confirmed as working, I wired it directly to the fuse box and used a piggy back fuse connector to wire it to the rear wiper circuit. Then connect the ground wire to some nearby metal.

Thanks for your reply. I now tried to connect the camera directly to my battery but it still won't work. I guess the camera is faulty.. Unless the camera connector lead that came with the head unit is not working? Is yours connected to that connector? My original post has a picture of the connector that came with the head unit.

Thanks for your reply. I now tried to connect the camera directly to my battery but it still won't work. I guess the camera is faulty.. Unless the camera connector lead that came with the head unit is not working? Is yours connected to that connector? My original post has a picture of the connector that came with the head unit.

It's the same connector type but it looks like the head unit is a different model, but should still work the same.

Another way for you to test is to plug in a digital camera/camcorder? At least that way you will know the head unit input is working.

mikem1989

I'm going to try flashing this rom: http://forum.xda-developers.com/android-auto/mtcb-software-development/rom-fuse-support-t3274272

Seems promising!
Smiik

My reverse cam didn't work either when connecting the power to the head unit. Try wiring the positive and negative directly to the battery terminals to test your camera.

Once confirmed as working, I wired it directly to the fuse box and used a piggy back fuse connector to wire it to the rear wiper circuit. Then connect the ground wire to some nearby metal.

Legend! That ROM is gleaming (y)

Best one I've tried by far. Everyone with one of these head unit should update to it!
16gb internal storage now instead of 1gb (there must have been a partition problem). Multiple launchers to pick from. Extra settings. Comes rooted. Better radio signal. The reverse camera is smooth. Probably a few more perks I've not found yet.
Even managed to install Viper4Android. Which I would also recommend, definitely improved sound quality.

Smiik
I couldn't get mine to work either. Ended up having to get a professional to do it :/

It's the same connector type but it looks like the head unit is a different model, but should still work the same.

Another way for you to test is to plug in a digital camera/camcorder? At least that way you will know the head unit input is working.
I'll have to try that, thanks. (y)
Do you have any idea why my video lead has the red wires in both ends? I can't think of any use for them..

I'll have to try that, thanks. (y)
Do you have any idea why my video lead has the red wires in both ends? I can't think of any use for them..

They are only for triggering the reverse cam if not already done by canbus. So you shouldn't need them.
mikem1989

Yeh it's seems like the one. OTA updates too. The only shock was it being Russian by default!

I'll give Viper4Android a try; Looks like a must have.

They are only for triggering the reverse cam if not already done by canbus. So you shouldn't need them.
mikem1989

Yeh it's seems like the one. OTA updates too. The only shock was it being Russian by default!

I'll give Viper4Android a try; Looks like a must have.

What are OTA updates lol? I've seen them mentioned but only ever in shorthand. I don't even know what it stands for.

I used this for help with Viper:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/15e7xv8AADnl0Ckqg8NiuQMTPLSgkIZCS4hU4Q07H7i4/edit#

It's a guide for use with android phones but I found it a useful read before I went ahead and did it.
Ignore the bit about SELinux Mode Changer. I didn't need it so I doubt you will either.

What are OTA updates lol? I've seen them mentioned but only ever in shorthand. I don't even know what it stands for.

I used this for help with Viper:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/15e7xv8AADnl0Ckqg8NiuQMTPLSgkIZCS4hU4Q07H7i4/edit#

It's a guide for use with android phones but I found it a useful read before I went ahead and did it.
Ignore the bit about SELinux Mode Changer. I didn't need it so I doubt you will either.

Oh sorry lol it stands for Over the Air. It means updates can be downloaded through the Rom when they become available like phones usually do. Look in About Tablet for system updates.

Cheers for the viper link, will have a look

maiod
Did you get round to flashing that ROM?
How are you finding it?

I still love it and have only found a couple of minor annoyances.
1. I always have a notification in the drop down menu saying I have just removed a Micro SD Card (I have not. Both are in and are working perfectly) so that's a bit weird but nothing really.

2. When I turn the head unit off and then back on again, no matter how brief, Task Killer always kills my music app (rocket player). I can't figure out how to stop it doing that. If I pop into the shop for a couple of minutes when I return, I want it to carry on playing from where I left off. But I am not bothered if it is killed after a hour or so.

In the factory settings menu, on the same page as 'rudder'. Do you know what 'Wheel3' or 'No Wheelstudy' do?

maiod
Did you get round to flashing that ROM?
How are you finding it?

I still love it and have only found a couple of minor annoyances.
1. I always have a notification in the drop down menu saying I have just removed a Micro SD Card (I have not. Both are in and are working perfectly) so that's a bit weird but nothing really.

2. When I turn the head unit off and then back on again, no matter how brief, Task Killer always kills my music app (rocket player). I can't figure out how to stop it doing that. If I pop into the shop for a couple of minutes when I return, I want it to carry on playing from where I left off. But I am not bothered if it is killed after a hour or so.

In the factory settings menu, on the same page as 'rudder'. Do you know what 'Wheel3' or 'No Wheelstudy' do?

Yeh it's been fine for me. I don't have any messages about the SD card. Maybe one of them is on the way out?

I have the same issue with Google music. Not sussed that one.

No idea what those options do, wheel3 might have been to do with the control knobs, but wasn't helpful. But no clue on wheelstudy

This all looks very interesting - thinking of getting one for our Bravo. Would, say, this one suffice?
I'm no stranger on the software side (been flashing Android roms for over 7 years), however I could come unstuck on the hardware side. I'm not too fussed about a reverse camera, however I would very much like to fit parking sensors. Have any of you done this? Something like this for example would be perfect:

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Hello, I installed in my bravo double din android stereo buy i don't know how to enable steering wheel controls (the unit has that option) . What wires should I connect with my stereo ?

also, about parking camera and sensors. I ordered from aliexpress, around 40£ : parking sensors, camera and rearview mirror monitor. Monitor is the rearview mirror and monitor at the same time and it mounts on existing mirror. When i put in reverse i can see camera image on my rearview mirror. looks great.

can you help me with steering wheel wires ?

Thank you...I ordered this. free patch included...
Look at this on eBay /itm/182389603452
will that be ok ?

Thank you...I ordered this. free patch included...
Look at this on eBay /itm/182389603452
will that be ok ?
also pictures of double din and rearview mirror IMG_20170606_193753.jpegIMG_20170606_193749.jpegIMG_20170606_193742.jpeg

So looking to fit android head unit and reverse camera , from what I've been reading , I cant take feed from reverse light as this would cause fault to show up on dash ,
So was going to take feed from cigar lighter,
this would mean that camera was always live when ignition is on but thats ok because canbus detects when in reverse and camera should show up on head unit,
If all of that is correct
does that mean that with camera live all the time if I get a reverse camera with built in LED's that they would be on all the time ?

If you are piggybacking the power from the cigarette lighter then the power will turn off as the car turns off if this is what you mean, I just fitted a 7" android head unit in my car and I love it !

Yes I know , but I'm looking at a camera with led's
what I'm asking is will the led's only come on when in reverse or will the fact camera is always on with ignition will led's be on all the time ignition is on ,
I'm not sure so was thinking of just getting one without led's

Not allowed to upload images yet

Yes I know , but I'm looking at a camera with led's
what I'm asking is will the led's only come on when in reverse or will the fact camera is always on with ignition will led's be on all the time ignition is on ,
I'm not sure so was thinking of just getting one without led's

Not allowed to upload images yet

What would the use of the led's be tho? Just cosmetics ? Or are they IR LED's for night vision ? If just cosmetic then just get one without LED's :) have fun fitting it btw. I had a nightmare with my facia ha

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶
Back