Technical Radio not working, also cigarette light, but interior light does

Currently reading:
Technical Radio not working, also cigarette light, but interior light does

kakashi7593

Hi guys, long time no see
Car running great still but I have an issue.(Punto mk2/b 2005 1.2 8v)

Radio is not working at all.
Interior light does work.
Light around cigarette lighter does not work.(btw is it even supposed to light up/glow?)

I just checked both fuses, the one on the radio itself and F39 fuse inside interior fuse box.
I also checked the cigarette lighter fuse and they are ALL fine.

Any pointers ?
What should I look for to fix these issues ?

Hi guys, long time no see
Car running great still but I have an issue.(Punto mk2/b 2005 1.2 8v)

Radio is not working at all.
Interior light does work.
Light around cigarette lighter does not work.(btw is it even supposed to light up/glow?)

I just checked both fuses, the one on the radio itself and F39 fuse inside interior fuse box.
I also checked the cigarette lighter fuse and they are ALL fine.

Any pointers ?
What should I look for to fix these issues ?

The lighter is also on a relay. Probably not the relay anyway. There are 4? lights for the heaters controls plus a light for the plastic ring on the lighter. Quite pretty when its working! - but not dimmable. Replacing the bulbs is a bit of a mission but worth it for the pretty lights in my view. :)

E5 is just behind the highest part of the carpet and is the same earth for the petrol pump crash switch which earths the petrol pump motor.

Attachments

• PC151172.JPG
    PC151172.JPG
    380.4 KB · Views: 33
  • PC151171.JPG
    PC151171.JPG
    379.1 KB · Views: 37
  • PC151170.JPG
    PC151170.JPG
    424.1 KB · Views: 38
  • PC151173.JPG
    PC151173.JPG
    422.1 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
I'm Ok, I opened the console few times before.

Wait, E5 as in a wire or a some sort of point ?
What am I looking for here ?

Also I think I have a spare or two of w1,2w

I'm Ok, I opened the console few times before.

Wait, E5 as in a wire or a some sort of point ?
What am I looking for here ?

Also I think I have a spare or two of w1,2w

E5 and all the other earths go directly or indirectly to a bolt that must have a good connection to the metal of the car. However in the case of E5 there is a wire coming from another Earth that travels from near the battery to E5, but if the bolt is loose then whatever is attached to E5 is compromised. Some of the other E earths in that diagram are just bolts on the wing with a single wire going to for example the ABS system. E3 is a multiconnector on a bolt just below the battery and shares the same bolt holding the gearbox earth half way along the route to the gearbox. E5 probably comes off E3.

Thank you for all info you provided, I will check that bolt and wires and everything that I can.

Please first check if you have 12v at the wires that go into the radio, if yes then its the radio that gave up. Light around the lighter usually is just the light bulb thats broken.

Look at wiring diagram, which points am I supposed to use to check(with multimeter) ?

radiowiring1.png

Back