Technical Radio Code

Currently reading:
Technical Radio Code

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶

Maxcaddy

Yo fellow Stilo owners,

I'm back with another Stilo :slayer:. Not sure whether that means my IQ has now sunk :shakehead: but if I had said 30 years ago that I was buying a 16 year old Fiat, I would have expected the men in white coats to appear at any minute.

Anyway this new (to me) baby has an original (2004) Fiat Radio with Compact Disc Player, which at the moment works fine.

Unfortuneatly I need to do a few jobs which will require the Battery to be disconnected, and then I'll presumeably lose the Radio Code, which I do not have.

I've had Cars before whereby if you pressed the radio buttons in a certain order the display showed you what the code was. Does the Stilo have this ability ?, and if so, how do I get it to tell me what the code is ?

Failing that, I'm very happy to donate a few beer tokens to whatever coffee fund is going to get someone who can answer to tell me what it should be :D

Cheers Tony

Hopefully it will do, but I was looking for a back up plan whereby if it didn't, I could re-enter the right numbers.

So, as an alternative I still have a double din facia plate that I could fit and buy a bigger unit that had Satnav and maybe rear camera as well. I remember at the time that the term double din meant many things and a number of different radio/CD units claiming to be double din were in fact slightly different in size.

Consequently, has any good soul on here bought the same thing off of eBay ?, and if so what unit did they fit into it ?

Ta.

Hopefully it will do, but I was looking for a back up plan whereby if it didn't, I could re-enter the right numbers.

So, as an alternative I still have a double din facia plate that I could fit and buy a bigger unit that had Satnav and maybe rear camera as well. I remember at the time that the term double din meant many things and a number of different radio/CD units claiming to be double din were in fact slightly different in size.

Consequently, has any good soul on here bought the same thing off of eBay ?, and if so what unit did they fit into it ?

Ta.

As stated your car should store the code in the Body Computer so disconnecting the battery won't affect it. Had mine disconnected for nearly 4 months and came back on fine.

If it doesn't you can always use this thread to get the code for it:

https://www.fiatforum.com/i-c-e/85204-one-only-code-fiat-radio-thread-447.html

Many thanks Varesecrazy & Zeewulf, seems like I was worrying unduly :cool:

However that's not to say once everything else is sorted out that I won't invest in a double din unit, with all the bells and whistles :D

I'm on the sunny I.O.W. :).

Not sure about the 'cared for' bit :D, the last time there's a record of it being serviced was 8 years and 33,000 miles ago :eek:. It might have had an oil change or 2, but apart from Tyres not much else.

So once I've sorted the obvious faults it's onto Cam Belt and all the other things. Probably comes from watching Ed on Wheeler Dealers, and thinking 'I can do all that' ;).

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶
Back