General Radiator & crossrail - where can I get them?

Currently reading:
General Radiator & crossrail - where can I get them?

gr1mb0

Hi all

My B's radiator has been punctured by a stone and I need to source a new one. Fiat quoting me £315 inc VAT -- is there a decent after-market supplier I should look at?

Also, the crossrail that the rad sits on is looking a bit flaky (literally!) - Fiat say this is out of production. Does anyone know where I may get a decent one - either new (after-market) or from someone breaking a car?

My B is a 1995 model.

Many thanks for the help.

Thanks Dave - I'll give the rad company a call. The problem looks like it's going to be the crossrail - local Fiat dealer has confirmed it's not longer made and I don't know what the chance of finding stock anywhere might be.

Called our local fiat dealer today I am after a new heat shield that fits to the exhaust manifold, Anyhow I inquired about your crossrail quoting the part number from Eper 46755088 and it's in stock the other part number is 46731098 is out of stock, I think this one is for cars fitted with air con. But you would need to check. Hope this helps.

Dave M

According to Aaron Rads, whom I bought off today, it is not possible to recore a Barchetta Plastic & Aluminium Radiator. I hadn't realised the top & bottom are plastic. AND they are becoming VERY rare. So those that have it in mind to replace the Rad ought to source one sooner than later imo. Mine doesn't leak but the cooling 'fins' were literally turning to dust, so there's no doubt they rot away with age (1998) All the bolts naturally rusted solid too some broken. Now all I need are the rubber inlet induction pipes, I disturbed which easily split too. Henk wants 65 Euro for 1 s/h. I've no wish to scrap the OE induction but might yet be forced. Unless I source a alternative inlet pipe

0I know this rad is not for a barchetta but it is for an old 1992 car. I bought it from Arrow rads in Avonmouth

http://arrowradiators-bristol.co.uk/

The origional had plastic end caps and this is a full alloy part. It was a perfect fit and the materials used and craftmenship was 1st rate (y)

Maybe they could do one for the B? but would probably need a sample.

radiator.jpg

Back