Technical Airbag light reset OBD2 model (I know, common problem)

Currently reading:
Technical Airbag light reset OBD2 model (I know, common problem)

Bartazar

Hi,

I know this is a common problem with lots of threads, but after reading pretty much all of them I'm finding a lot of contradictions and I'm having trouble finding definite information.

I have a 2003 model (pre-facelift) with newer engine, passenger airbags and OBD2 connector under the seat.
Recently, my airbag light came on, probably hit the cable under the seat after replacing the radio.
Hopefully someone can give me some definitive information on how to reset this yourself:

- Can I reset the airbag light with the free version of MultiECUscan ?
- If so, do I just connect to the ODB2 port to reset it, or do I still need to connect to a separate airbag ECU on the rightside of the car with corresponding cables (3pin?).

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi Bartazar, I think you can reset it with the free version through the ODB2
Ok thanks, I have just found this confirmation on another forum as well. This person was using a regular VAG KKL cable with the red adapter (#2) and directly to the ODB2 port.
Example: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254536888799

I am wondering whether it will also work with the KKL cable with built-in switch and no adapter. Would make sense, and it mentions here it should work without:

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
For later "B"s (2003+ CF3) then all you need is a KKL interface and either an adaptor cable OR a KKL interface with the selection switch.

I have a later CF3 "B" and KKL with switch or with adapter cable works just fine with MES. Should also worjk OK with the free version of MES according to the Supported Vehicles List.

For later "B"s (2003+ CF3) then all you need is a KKL interface and either an adaptor cable OR a KKL interface with the selection switch.

I have a later CF3 "B" and KKL with switch or with adapter cable works just fine with MES. Should also worjk OK with the free version of MES according to the Supported Vehicles List.
Thanks for the confirmation. This was my conclusion too.
I think mine is a CF3 too even though I have a pre-facelift, because I have the 188A6 engine.
I have ordered the KKL cable with switch, lets see! I have spent too much to get fast delivery so hopefully it works 😅

Success! 😁

kffGLNA.png
qeGYeFR.png

Thanks!

Great you got it sorted. Now you are equipped for the future because I can assure you this error will occur again.

Those "B" under seat connection are notorious for playing up! I re-routed mine and that improved things along with checking contacts are good and using contact cleaner and lube.

Great you got it sorted. Now you are equipped for the future because I can assure you this error will occur again.

Those "B" under seat connection are notorious for playing up! I re-routed mine and that improved things along with checking contacts are good and using contact cleaner and lube.
Yeah, one of the reasons I didn't bring it to a Fiat garage.
I did clean the connector and reinforce the cable.
Not changing the seat with the ignition on should prevent most issues, but not sure how long I can manage that.
We'll see!

Back