Rac V green flag V other V none V aa

Currently reading:

• Total voters
Vote for RAC and with them now..was with green flag but found they just loaded you onto a trailer rather than get you fixed and on your way..

I used to be with the AA but I got really annoyed at how much they tried to charge me for basically doing f**k all. I keep my car in good condition, regularly serviced, faults fixed asap but they wanted £150 off me last year, I said NO and cancelled it.
I got fully comp insurance a few weeks ago for less than £200 why should I give the AA nearly as much for doing nothing.

I've got no breakdown cover, and given that it's only an 11 mile trip to work and 11 miles home if I ever did breakdown I can just get one of my mates to tow me home. Only just started to do long trips on motorways/dual carriageways very often so never seen a need for it until recently ... so whoever wins this poll may be getting a call soon ;)

With AA because thats what the Panda came with and once it expired I rang them up and got a good deal.

Worth noting that most AA policies means that they load you onto one lorry, then drive to the edge of their area, then you change lorry. At 2am in the driving rain this probably isnt what you'd be looking forward to - especially if you were a long way from home.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...A-breakdown-rescue-becomes-bizzare-relay.html

Pretty sure the RAC have binned all their lorries without tacho's when you're to be recovered over that distance.

Last edited:
'm with RAC but haven't yet had a problem which i haven't been able to sort myself yet so no idea what they'll be like. almost phoned them when my wipers packed up coming back from wales in torrential rain, but managed to improvise a single wiper conversion after the usual fix with a shoe lace failed.

I'm with Brittania Rescue. Get membership with them really cheap as I belong to the CSMA (y) No idea if they're any good though :shrug:

:yeahthat:

Nice to see that so many people with Fiats don't know if their breakdown service is any good, because they haven't had to call it out. :confused:

Last edited:
i own a fiat so i know i wont break down ;) i dont have any cover, if im going more than a few miles out of area il have water, tools incase but luckily only had to use tools once, luckily i had them :D- its pretty scary having the arch lining go under the wheel at 90mph, ie the plastic was under and over the wheel and the it was ripping the steering out of hand and i had to emergency stop, scary!

im with rac, they are perfect, but soooo bloody expensive! my renewal is due, and i don't know what to do. I don't want to compromise on the level of assistance i have, but don't want to pay the price either!!! :bang:

Back