General R15 and R14

Currently reading:
General R15 and R14

This is very interesting as a 4x4 owner when I bought the car it came with a 13 inch space saver I take it it will only fit the back and not the front ?
For the 4x4 it should be a 15” wheel. I think a 14” will clear the front callipers (just?), but don’t believe a 13” will and it’s certainly too small to keep the 4x4 system happy. Not sure that any post 2012 Panda should have a 13” spare…

Its important to make sure you do get the right size or you will upset the 4x4 system. The ECU can recognise the presence of the rihght sized spare and it makes adjustments to prevent warnings and possible damage. The right size wheel is the same as for the Panda 100. I will look and see what this is next time I go down to the car. With a 4x4 its also important to not use the space save for any longer than necessary as the 4x4 system is put under strain when differing wheel sizes are used. You should also be aware that as a standard 4x4 wheel and tyre will not fit into the wheel well at all its not certain the wrong space saver would either. Its 125/70x15 as supplied for my 2019 model. It may be OK with other sizes but they may or may not be identified by the ECU.
Hi I was just making sure I found a 15 inch space saver on eBay it came from a 2009 panda 100 will it fit my 2013 panda 4x4

Hi I was just making sure I found a 15 inch space saver on eBay it came from a 2009 panda 100 will it fit my 2013 panda 4x4
Yes it should. I kept my Panda 100 spare and it fitted my 4x4 319. I have replaced it with a new one recently and that is the same size.

I have just looke din the handbook and note that they say the supplied wheel is 125/80x15. My spare is 125/70x15 and is the same as the one that came out of my Panda 100.

Last edited:
This is very interesting as a 4x4 owner when I bought the car it came with a 13 inch space saver I take it it will only fit the back and not the front ?
Who knows. I am not convinced it will fit at all! I would try it on and give the wheels a spin while on the jack. Dont leave it and find out the hard way it doesnt fit. As HH says they are only meant to get you to a tyre depot. It must turn without fouling anything though!

I worked on the AA multi-fit wheel. This is a space saver on a rim with a selection of centres/top hats that can be bolted to it to allow it to be fitted to a very high percentage of vehicles. Hence one tyre only needs to be carried. One of our concerns was that a vehicle fitted with a different size wheel, rev per mile. However the software deals with it, seems they self learn so that the ABS and ELD all work.

If possible, get a full sized spare
This has the advantage that you can continue your journey at normal speed and take your time over sorting out the problem.

The downside is that the boot floor won't lie flat if you carry a normal sized spare, and some may not even fit into the wheel well.

You pays your money, and makes your choice.

Either option is way better than a can of foam and an inflator.

This has the advantage that you can continue your journey at normal speed and take your time over sorting out the problem.

The downside is that the boot floor won't lie flat if you carry a normal sized spare, and some may not even fit into the wheel well.

You pays your money, and makes your choice.

Either option is way better than a can of foam and an inflator.
@vexorg It's already been established that for the 4x4 Panda models a full size spare will not fit (at all!) into the boot, let alone the spare wheel well, sadly. (You can, just about, get the full size wheel into the boot - but not the well - once it has a puncture, but even then, only just). Hence all the conversation about spacesavers with this model :)

Last edited:
I intended to include these photos with my earlier post… really just so you can see the tyre and spacesaver wheel supplied as the ‘official option’ on a 2018 4x4 MJ. The closer photo shows that the wheel is marked ET35 (next to the bolt holes) — the correct offset between the hub and the rim to be sure to fit round everything correctly (and same as the standard size wheel). If buying online, check too the PCD (the position and spacing of the bolt holes) - the Panda and some ( but not all) other Fiats use an unusual spacing of 98mm, whereas most other 4 stud wheels it’s 100mm. Small but significant difference that means a non-Fiat-specific wheel won’t fit

[edited to add second photo]
1705415264898.jpeg
1705413825629.jpeg

Last edited:
Letting the air out and carry a foot pump would be an alternative :D

Letting the air out and carry a foot pump would be an alternative :D
If you're going to carry a spare wheel, you want it to be ready to use.

Also if you did this, the tyre would take a permanent set from being stored deflated, and would soon be ruined.

And you still won't be able to refit the floor cover.

I intended to include these photos with my earlier post… really just so you can see the tyre and spacesaver wheel supplied as the ‘official option’ on a 2018 4x4 MJ. The closer photo shows that the wheel is marked ET35 (next to the bolt holes) — the correct offset between the hub and the rim to be sure to fit round everything correctly (and same as the standard size wheel). If buying online, check too the PCD (the position and spacing of the bolt holes) - the Panda and some ( but not all) other Fiats use an unusual spacing of 98mm, whereas most other 4 stud wheels it’s 100mm. Small but significant difference that means a non-Fiat-specific wheel won’t fit

View attachment 436677View attachment 436674
Thank you for the information that is the exact numbers that is on the space saver I’ve purchased the panda nut was spot on again

View attachment 436677View attachment 436674

And don't forget 61 psi, the early handbook was wrongly printed and the 4x4 supplement carried a loose page correction.

And don't forget 61 psi, the early handbook was wrongly printed and the 4x4 supplement carried a loose page correction.
My own rule of thumb with any spare is to inflate it to the maximum pressure moulded into the sidewall of the tyre; this maximises the chances it'll still be sufficiently inflated when you actually need to use it.

You can always let a little air out at the side of the road, though if you're using a spacesaver within the recommended limits, the pressure isn't that critical.

Back