Quick Tip - How to stop sub rattle :)

Currently reading:
Quick Tip - How to stop sub rattle :)

Hey guys just been playing with my set up and found the main cause of sub rattle in my GP (Maybe in yours too!). Was sick of sitting in ancient cars which have no rattle while mine was rattling like a bitch. Now if you look in the boot the back of the lid there is a black plastic panel that covers the wiper motor and a fair few wires. The pic below shows the panel and where the screw is that holds it on.

https://www.fiatforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=112173&stc=1&d=1359746590

Once that screw is removed simply pull the panel and it will come out. Next stuff the panel with sound proofing, Dynamat is good stuff but its expensive, if your a cheap bastard like me use some pillow case stuffing *IF YOU USE YOUR REAR WIPER ALOT I WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR CAR SETTING ON FIRE IF THE MOTOR GETS TOO HOT!!!!. Place the panel back on (which is difficult now its packed with fluff!) and place the screw back in when youve finished swearing and finally got the panel back on. Turn up the bass and enjoy with no **** take vibrations! i noticed an amazing difference cant get over how much better my music sounds! Also the rear cards can rattle like **** too near the windows, again bit of pillow case stuffing does the trick!

Attachments

• Fiat_Grande_Punto_Boot.JPG
    Fiat_Grande_Punto_Boot.JPG
    231.8 KB · Views: 75
Back