Technical Quick question

Currently reading:
Technical Quick question

Skinny

Hi all

My mum's Stilo is on the fritz with all manner of engine fault lights coming on at different times, car loosing power etc. She took it to a private garage who hooked it up to their gear free of charge (very nice of them) and brought back the following fault codes:

D706

I know the last one is the airbag but no idea about the rest and forum search drew a blank. I read about this D4 connection problem and was wondering if anyone knew if that would be the likely cause? The bloke at the garage seemed to think one of the codes is a Fiat only fix and guestimated £700-£1000 which is hard to comment on bearing in mind Fiat's prices.

After all the hassle she's had with the local Fiat garage she is loathed to take it in so thought I'd pop a quick post on here to see if you good people could point us in the right direction.

Many thanks

Thanks for the reply.

I've searched the forums and found all I need to know on how to resolve a D4 issue, just couldn't seem to confirm if this was a D4 issue or not.

My guess would be either a new ECU (I had mine changed after my dash lit like a flashy christmas tree). Or... it might be as simple as a worn out battery.

But as far as I know, the intelligence of the Stilo's electrical system might need Fiat's examiner. I had a chat with the Fiat over here when the ECU went bananas, and he said that if there were any fault in the ignition's security system, the car would produce scam codes to any other examiner than Fiat's own.

So I would go to Fiat to check the codes again, as mr. T says.

Morten.

Ok, well if those are correct, the format is actually this:

P0443 - Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve Circuit
P0638 - Throttle Actuator Control Range/Performance (Bank 1
D706 - Can't find any reference to this!

As for this "02", it could be: U0002 - High Speed CAN Communication Bus

Back