Technical Questions about the Seat panda '4x4' project

Currently reading:
Technical Questions about the Seat panda '4x4' project

theweich

Good afternoon and happy holidays to all.

I am here to consult some doubts that I am encountering during my project.

I have a Seat Panda from 93 with an original 903cc engine designed for the Raid, I have everything I need at home to turn it into 4x4 except a couple of things.

The idea is to move the entire rear axle from the Fiat Panda 4x4 to the Seat Panda, so far all clear and perfect.

The central transmission is clear to me how to put it and that I have to adapt new brackets for protection.

The engine I have to mount is an original 176B4000 1.2 8v 60hp, the box is an original Fiat Panda 4x4 141 with its transmissions. I know that the engine and gearbox supports must use those of the Panda or Lancia Y10 and that new holes must be drilled to adapt them.

So far so clear, now, the doubts I have.

1.- Is the gear lever mechanism of the Seat Panda 4x2 suitable for 4x4? Aesthetically they are similar, at least for what I could see in the picture.

2.- Speaking of the engine, in my case it is an SPI engine, I have it with an IAW 6f.SB control unit which in theory has no immo, the engine electrical system is the original 1.2 8v. Could you leave with this? Some told me that I should have disconnected some immo that are inside, but I think this is not true for me as I do not have an original security system.

Good afternoon and happy holidays to all.

I am here to consult some doubts that I am encountering during my project.

I have a Seat Panda from 93 with an original 903cc engine designed for the Raid, I have everything I need at home to turn it into 4x4 except a couple of things.

The idea is to move the entire rear axle from the Fiat Panda 4x4 to the Seat Panda, so far all clear and perfect.

The central transmission is clear to me how to put it and that I have to adapt new brackets for protection.

The engine I have to mount is an original 176B4000 1.2 8v 60hp, the box is an original Fiat Panda 4x4 141 with its transmissions. I know that the engine and gearbox supports must use those of the Panda or Lancia Y10 and that new holes must be drilled to adapt them.

So far so clear, now, the doubts I have.

1.- Is the gear lever mechanism of the Seat Panda 4x2 suitable for 4x4? Aesthetically they are similar, at least for what I could see in the picture.

2.- Speaking of the engine, in my case it is an SPI engine, I have it with an IAW 6f.SB control unit which in theory has no immo, the engine electrical system is the original 1.2 8v. Could you leave with this? Some told me that I should have disconnected some immo that are inside, but I think this is not true for me as I do not have an original security system.
The basic 1AW SPI I sent you photos of pin outs doesn't appear to show immobiliser fitted, which it does for other ECUs, so I would say fingers crossed?
I don't know about gear lever , but I would say any gearbox, axle or propshaft mountings need to be very secure and 100% correctly aligned otherwise you will experience a lot of vibration and prop joint wear!;)

Back