General Question regarding the sliding rear seat option

Currently reading:
General Question regarding the sliding rear seat option

Morning all!

I had a good old trawl through the 4x4 thread (it's epic!), but I just wanted to clarify with your good selves on here.

If your car has got the four-seat option, am I right in saying that it will go backwards and forwards from the standard position? I think that is what I understood from the thread, but there are so many posts I wasn't 100% sure.:eek:

Also - when you move the seat back/forward, are there several different settings? By that I mean is it possible to move it forward/backward a couple of cm's as required, or it is just a case of forward all the way, back all the way and standard?

Would be very helpful to know as I am pretty much certain that no dealer will have one of these cars in stock!(y)

Morning all!

I had a good old trawl through the 4x4 thread (it's epic!), but I just wanted to clarify with your good selves on here.

If your car has got the four-seat option, am I right in saying that it will go backwards and forwards from the standard position? I think that is what I understood from the thread, but there are so many posts I wasn't 100% sure.:eek:

Also - when you move the seat back/forward, are there several different settings? By that I mean is it possible to move it forward/backward a couple of cm's as required, or it is just a case of forward all the way, back all the way and standard?

Would be very helpful to know as I am pretty much certain that no dealer will have one of these cars in stock!(y)

Hi. Good option if u don't really ever need the 3rd seat. It has 2 main positions: fully forward and fully back and u can have in any position in between a bit like the front seats....hope that helps

Hi. Good option if u don't really ever need the 3rd seat. It has 2 main positions: fully forward and fully back and u can have in any position in between a bit like the front seats....hope that helps

Mrs b_u had this option on her Mk 3 MJ - used it fairly rarely but it was great when you needed it; there were four or five intermediate positions but we tended to have the seat at one extreme or the other depending on relative passenger/luggage emphasis.

it is a brilliant option, imho :)

I reckon that if FIAT dealers had demo cars with this option, then a high proportion of customers would choose it.

i think the Panda is too small to seat 5 in any case...

I have a dump-run tomorrow that will see the seats pushed forward so that i can stand a regular sized plastic dustbin upright in the boot. Surprisingly few cars can do this.

all the best :)

it is a brilliant option, imho :)

I reckon that if FIAT dealers had demo cars with this option, then a high proportion of customers would choose it.

i think the Panda is too small to seat 5 in any case...

I have a dump-run tomorrow that will see the seats pushed forward so that i can stand a regular sized plastic dustbin upright in the boot. Surprisingly few cars can do this.

all the best :)

I agree, its far too narrow to seat 3 adults, kids maybe so I can understand why families need the xtra seat but for most other people the sliding seat is just brilliant!

Just like a properly adjustable driving seat, satnav capability and Bluetooth and A/C, it should be standard across the range.

The Panda is already relatively expensive and these essential things push the price up too high.

Agreed - it would make Pandas more competitive price-wise if they had more standard kit. However, the 4x4 comes reasonably well specced, though i still think it is improved by ticking all the options ;)

Again the sliding seats came into their own yesterday, as I needed to carry a piece of fairly fragile furniture in the boot - it would have been too deep for the standard boot floor and I wanted it to stay upright. No problem with the seats all the way forward and seat backs vertical to stop it tipping over. It also allows my Mrs to put her dog cage in the boot, so the little mutts don't get their grubby paws over the back seat, when going too and from the stables... Personally I wouldn't have them in the car at all, but I don't get to choose...:mad:

I've just been out and measured mine, here are the figures:

Boot width 102 cm, height (to parcel-shelf underside) 56 cm
Minimum length (at floor level) 38 cm, maximum 55 cm

there are lots of click-stops between these, for good flexibility :)

The 50/50 split backrests have two inclination settings.

I hope these dimensions are useful, as others have said, it's a pity
Fiat dealers never have this option on any 'demo' cars, as they'd
surely pick up more sales. IMHO Fiat UK have lost the plot...

Chris

I've just been out and measured mine, here are the figures:

Boot width 102 cm, height (to parcel-shelf underside) 56 cm
Minimum length (at floor level) 38 cm, maximum 55 cm

there are lots of click-stops between these, for good flexibility :)

The 50/50 split backrests have two inclination settings.

I hope these dimensions are useful, as others have said, it's a pity
Fiat dealers never have this option on any 'demo' cars, as they'd
surely pick up more sales. IMHO Fiat UK have lost the plot...

Chris

Yes, they do seem to have a very odd attitude. Really strange because we also have an Alfa GT and their dealer (in Portsmouth) couldn't be more different.....

I think the dealers would probably like to have the better specced cars too, but I think they just have to use what Fiat UK sends them as demos.

The problem is of course that if a 'properly ;)' specced car was displayed in the showroom casual shoppers would take one look at the price posted and head for the hills. With the basic car they may take a second look and not notice the lack of options until they get further down the buying line and are gradually reeled in.

Last edited:
The seat go 8cm forward and back from the standard position.

For me it makes the difference between my knees being wedged in the dashboard (standard car) and not (sliding rear seat) with a 3 year old in car seat behind me (I'm 6' 2")

Back