General Qubo multijet dipstick level after service

Currently reading:
General Qubo multijet dipstick level after service

trekkingnut

I have just had my Qubo Trekking serviced by my local garage and as soon as I had the chance to check oil level on dipstick (local Tesco has most level parking to do this), I noticed it was actually above the flattened crosshatched area and onto the shiny cylindrical area up to where the springy part starts which is approx 3mm - before I contact the garage and (possibly look silly), is it high enough to be concerned about? - handbook is pretty useless regarding checking dipstick so assuming high mark is at top of flat hatched area it is overfillled by an amount but not sure if it is enough to cause any issues?

I have just had my Qubo Trekking serviced by my local garage and as soon as I had the chance to check oil level on dipstick (local Tesco has most level parking to do this), I noticed it was actually above the flattened crosshatched area and onto the shiny cylindrical area up to where the springy part starts which is approx 3mm - before I contact the garage and (possibly look silly), is it high enough to be concerned about? - handbook is pretty useless regarding checking dipstick so assuming high mark is at top of flat hatched area it is overfillled by an amount but not sure if it is enough to cause any issues?

Not to alarm you.. but your DPF issues after a recent service may well have added fluid to your oil :(

Not to alarm you.. but your DPF issues after a recent service may well have added fluid to your oil :(
Thanks for reply - the Qubo has given me no dpf issues whatsoever but my Doblo camper has done two smokey regens which probably dumped fuel into the sump of new oil. Qubo has literally just been serviced and was slightly overfilled. I need to get it level again and recheck as although it seems ok, i would not be happy to run it overfilled for long trips.

2 to 3 mm over would not worry me in excess of 5 may be . 10 over is too much and would need to be rectified straiggt away They should be able too remove excess easily with a pump.
I took it back to garage and got some sucked out via pump just for my peace of mind as still only got 25k on clock and not worth the risk of damage. They probably rushed the job due to the nightmare of incorrect filters being supplied as more than one against reg number unbelievably and wrong ones sent so they lost half a day on the ramp because of it. No excuse for not being more thorough though as level is pretty important!

Back