Styling Purple Mamy paint question

Currently reading:
Styling Purple Mamy paint question

alanterrill

I've just scratched the wing mirror on my Panda Mamy. How do I get hold of touch up paint for these, as the colour seems to differ from the rest of the body. The body is metallic purple code 154, but the door handles and wing mirrors are slightly lighter and have a matt/silk finish as opposed to the gloss of the rest of the car. It could be that its the same basic paint with a different laquer applied, but how do I find out?. Fiat's website advisor couldn't tell me and said 'ask at your local dealer'. Needless to say that when I did, he thought all Pandas were the same colour all over and suggested I take it to a bodyshop. Now its only a small set of scrathces I could easily sort out myself if I had the right paint/laquer -any ideas?

A good paint supplier/motor factor should be able to tell you what the colour is - a lot of manufacturers use a slightly different shade on matt plastic mouldings etc. Try yell.com to locate possible suppliers near you. The colour will have a code, but only the main body colour is shown on the vehicle.

The paint itself will be a standard basecoat, but topped off with a matt lacquer. In a bodyshop this is achieved by adding a matting agent to a normal lacquer to reduce the gloss level, but I suspect you will probably be able to buy semi-gloss or matt lacquer in aerosol form.

Back