General Punto Swap

Currently reading:
General Punto Swap

I am now driving a Green 5 dr punto 55 S (completely standard) with 40k on the clock, after the cinq issue(see here) and would like to share my views on the experience so far. (1 day :p)

The things that I have noticed so far have been mainly the driving experience. The punto is alot smoother than my cinq was. Over bumps the difference is incredible. Going through width restrictions will take a bit to get used to, because I am used to flying through them without having to think about it. :D I love that I now blend in and how quiet the punto is! I could only carry 2 mates in my cinqy, so I am pleased that this one does a much better job in that area.

Although the punto is a small car, compared to the cinq it's gigantic :eek: Not just space wise, I feel like I am a fair bit higher off the ground as well (cinq was lowered 35mm, but had bigger wheels so was about standard hieght)

The drawbacks of the punto so far have been the wind up style windows and the lack of central locking. Also although the punt isn't that much slower, it's not as nippy as my cinq. Also no bleep-bleep that I had with the cinq :cry:

The insurance was a straight swap (no extra cost).

So all in all, it has been an alright experience switching to this car.

Joe

That’s all I can think of right now, I'll let you know of any other things I notice. (y)

Last edited:
Well firstly welcome to the dark side my friend, was sorry to hear about the cinq, it was a sweet motor (am considering one to play with and keep the punto for everyday use :D)

Glad to hear you are liking the Punto, I think they are great cars and so much nicer to drive than other cars in their class (like my old clio).

Got any plans for the Punto or is it mearly something to tide you over until your next project?

Si - Punto said:
Well firstly welcome to the dark side my friend, was sorry to hear about the cinq, it was a sweet motor (am considering one to play with and keep the punto for everyday use :D)

Glad to hear you are liking the Punto, I think they are great cars and so much nicer to drive than other cars in their class (like my old clio).

Got any plans for the Punto or is it mearly something to tide you over until your next project?

Thankyou :)

I see it as something to get me to work and back until something else comes up :) Hopefully another punto :cool: I am looking at my cousins 3dr one in black (1.2 mk 2) (y)

And you're right, compared to my friends' clio and another mates' corsa, it is in a different league.

Oh Black 3dr sounds sexy :D The 1.2 8v MPI is actually quite nippy for what it is, not a patch on the 16v but still cant complain for group 3 insurance (y)

Yeah well I had the clio for a year, I have also driven a Corsa B and Fiasta mk3 and I prefer the Punto to the lot of them for space, comfort, driveability, performance etc.

My current plan is to either keep the Punto for 2 years then buy a Stilo JTD for everyday use and a Cinq Sporting to tune and play about with or Buy the Cinq Sporting this year and keep the Punto for a bit longer, dunno what to do yet.

Si - Punto said:
Oh Black 3dr sounds sexy :D The 1.2 8v MPI is actually quite nippy for what it is, not a patch on the 16v but still cant complain for group 3 insurance (y)

Yeah well I had the clio for a year, I have also driven a Corsa B and Fiasta mk3 and I prefer the Punto to the lot of them for space, comfort, driveability, performance etc.

My current plan is to either keep the Punto for 2 years then buy a Stilo JTD for everyday use and a Cinq Sporting to tune and play about with or Buy the Cinq Sporting this year and keep the Punto for a bit longer, dunno what to do yet.

ohhhh, choices choices.

I'd love a stilo JTD and cinq :D.... one day maybe!

Yeah it all depends on how much I am actually earning when it comes to making the choice, I was so tempted to buy a cinq I saw in auto trader yesterday but unfortunately I have a grand total of £37 in my bank at the moment and the bloke was asking £950 so I had no chance lol.

I may end up keeping the Punto and just buying the Cinq as a project but its all just ideas at the moment and wont be happening for a while because I currently have zero NCB and am already paying way to much to insure one car let alone two.

I do love the way the Cinq Sporting drives though, Whiley has seriously managed to convert me into a Cinq man (y)

Welcome to Punto ownership (y)

I know what you mean about it feelign like a larger car than it really is, the space inside is like a tardis. You'll get used to the size of the car, I feel like I can throw mine into small gaps in traffic, and manouvering is an absolute doddle, like you said with you Cinq, you don't have to think about where you're driving it! ...to an extent :p

Any plans to modify it?

Back