punto modification

Currently reading:
punto modification

Hi there

I would like to have a try at doing some visual mods to my car, but dont have any idea where to start, anyone got any ideas or previous experiance

Thanks guys :D

boring bit out the way 1st..... make sure u confirm with ur insurance company that u can do the mods BEFORE u do them. please dont become another statistic.

right... start off by looking through the members motors section to get ideas on what u like and dont like. mods are all down to taste, some like subtle mods like removing some of the badges that are just stuck on, a nice set of alloys and little else, others like the ott body kits, paint jobs, flashy wheels and lowered suspension that scrapes the bottom of the car on the slightest bump in the road. it also depends on budget, what ur insurance will allow and which punto u have as there are some things u can do to a mk2 and not a mk1 for eg.

Teh i won forget the insurance:), ut do u need to inform them on every little detail, say i changed my rear lights?, or even just tinted them ( just an example)

And i agree it is all about personal taste, ita i just dont kow what im doing,but i guess noone does untill try try it :D,

Not u huge budget but just enough to make it stand out from the croud

Im think colour coding may be a good place to start :)

When it comes to insurance, you're better off telling them and for them to say 'we don't need to know about that' than not telling them and it voiding your insurance come payout time, if it's not standard, tell them.

Looking at your profile picture it looks like you've got a Mk2 Active so probably a 1.2 8v? This is just my opinion but you'll soon want something faster (as I'm guessing you've not long passed your test?), so I wouldn't waste my money modifying a car that can be resold easier on the basis of being a base model, you start adding mods and it's going to be harder to sell as buyers will think you've been ragging it. Keep it clean and tidy and in a couple of years, upgrade to a Sporting or an HGT and work with that instead.
As I say though, that's just my opinion ;)

When it comes to insurance, you're better off telling them and for them to say 'we don't need to know about that' than not telling them and it voiding your insurance come payout time, if it's not standard, tell them.

Looking at your profile picture it looks like you've got a Mk2 Active so probably a 1.2 8v? This is just my opinion but you'll soon want something faster (as I'm guessing you've not long passed your test?), so I wouldn't waste my money modifying a car that can be resold easier on the basis of being a base model, you start adding mods and it's going to be harder to sell as buyers will think you've been ragging it. Keep it clean and tidy and in a couple of years, upgrade to a Sporting or an HGT and work with that instead.
As I say though, that's just my opinion ;)

Yeh its the 1.2 8v mia, i passed last year, (my 3rd car already) tbh i am wanting a twingo gordini 100 at end of year, i but i would like to keep this and maybe work on it over a few year (i dont know yet tho) but atm dont mind spending a few quid atm :)

Thanks for your tips and advice

colour code , abarth side skirts, detango lights, tint rear lights, black alloys, tinted rear 3 windows and suntrip, gsr induction kit, frount splitter, mk2b sport rear spoiler, debadge, lower 40 all round , paint calipers orange and back break discs in black amorite

less is more with the punto. the best looking ones have only had a few simple mods.

start by lowering on a set of sporting wheels and colour coded bumpers if u didn't get them as standard

Back