Punto mk2 sporting spoiler

Currently reading:
Punto mk2 sporting spoiler

Hi all,

Just got myself a spoiler off a mk2 sporting to put on my active sport. Ive got it sprayed and it looks the business but im after some advice with regards to fitting. It looks like im going to have to drill the rear window in order to bolt it on. . . Can i just use Tiger Seal instead and cut the bolts off?

ive just bought one myself, i am completely new to tigerseal etc, im not sure how much to use or anything, if anyone could give me a few pointers i would appreciate it, thanks :)

the punto spoilers are bonded on at the dealers and thats all, First trial fit it and make a few markers for refitting (pen and masking tape) then lightly rub the part of the spoiler that will fixed to the glass with a bit of rough sandpaper, and clean both parts to be bonded thoroughly, i use panel wipe
then put a bead of sealer all the way around the edge of the spoiler about 1cm in, and 4 or 5 blobs in the middle, its also helpful to have an assistant to help you alighn, then fix to the car, press it onto the glass firmly, clean any excess using the panel wipe and cloth, (spirit wipe, turps etc, but non oily!)
and fix in place with a strong tape, i use masking or gaffer tape, then leave overnight until you remove the tape, dont forget the temperature will have a lot to do with the curing time of the sealer, when i did the uno spoiler, on a cold day, i used a hairdryer inside the car (fixed in place) aimed at the area for quite a while, to help! and alls well!! good luck! Ant!

Attachments

• antsuno 102.jpg
    antsuno 102.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 76
Cheers for the advice guys!

Ive just finished spraying the spoiler tonight so tommorow/ wednesday it should be ready for fitting. Ive been trying to get hold of some tigerseal, the local motorfactors didn't have any but reccomended PU4, and halfords said they didn't sell it and i would need to go to a bodyshop.

Would PU4 work or can anyone tell me a place near leeds that definately stocks it?

try and find a bodyshop supplier, brown brothers, supertune or any good motofactors should stock it, even no more nails have brought out a new sealer with extra GRAB!! which may do the trick! Ant!

The punto i got the spoiler off did have the rear windscreen drilled, it had 2 rubber washer type things that sat in the hole. They still had the glass stuck in them when i got it from the scrappies.

Right here it is finished:

Sanded down and Primed:
P29-10-07_09_08.jpg

Sprayed:
P30-10-07_22_37.jpg

Attached to car:
P31-10-07_18_30.jpg

Finished!
P01-11-07_16_02.jpg

The Join: (the colour match isn't actually bas like it looks in the pic ;)
P01-11-07_16_02_01_.jpg

Not a bad effort for my first ever attempt at this :D

Back