Technical Punto Mk1 fuel tank

Currently reading:
Technical Punto Mk1 fuel tank

raptor

Riding 7cm of the deck
Hey guys,

Woke up this morning to find that someone has stook a screwdriver into my mk1 fuel tank. the problem is i can't find any breakers that have one because when they crush cars they have to put holes in the plastic tanks for safety reasons. i was told my best bet was to call a dealer who quoted me 416 sheets to ahve it fitted etc.

i can't believe that no one has these tanks is there anyone out there who has had a similar problem or knows where i can get a tank from!

thanks,

Josh

you can get a fuel tank anywhere around barnsley area perfectly ok with neely full tank of petrol in because i went and took a fuel pump out of one other day, am sure they would be no more than 40 sheets easy

Cheers Dave,

i have managed to source 1 in scunthorpe for £15, gonna pop over tomoz to have a look. if it is no good then i'll PM you tomoz afternoon.

thank you all for your help, i knew there was a reason for joining this site - now for that donation..............

Another quick question.

Does the fuel tank vary between the rang ie, 60s to the 75, 85 etc.

Should i be looking for a tank that is from a 60s (same as mine) and also from a similar reg (ie Sreg). i wonder this as the dealer asked me for my chassis number when i rang for a quote.

Just to let you know, i managed to remove the old punctured tank last night and one thing i did notice is how stupid some of the undercar wiring is. the cables that run from the handbrake cut straight across the tank this caused so much trouble and had to relieve the tension by taking the cable of some of its routing brackets. surely it would be just as easy to add a bit more cable and route it round the tank. ah well job done, well untill i put the new tank in!

Oh and that haynes manual should help me on that - it says refitting is the reverse of removal - Bull sh!t

Cheers dave,

It was a bugger getting the tank out but fine getting it back in, just stuck new jubilee clips where needed matched the pumps and hey presto all is fine again. it actually feels smoother don't know whether my old pump was clogged or summats! got quoted £500 by fiat for the work did it myself with parts for £40!

but hey thats fiat service for you...........

josh

Back