Technical Punto gt Chip

Currently reading:
Technical Punto gt Chip

PJB88

Hi I have found a performance chip that i want to buy.

it is £65 and the company claim to give you an extra 30 BHP, i was just wondering what your general thought are on fitting a chip to a GT, does it cause a lot of other problems, reliability etc etc, the only other mods the car has at the moment are a cat back exhaust from scorpion a k and n filter and a bailey dump valve so would it cause the car to be very tempremental or not considering its not extremely modded.

More to the point where is the ECU on a GT and does anyone have any pictures or could possibly take one for me please? (would be greatly appreciated) you dont have to do any soldering to fit it it just plugs straight in to the ECU, do you have to disconnect the plug from the ECU put the chip in and then plug the loom on to the chip or does it go somewhere else on the ECU? i hope that makes sense, if not let me know and will re phrase.

Pictures would be a godsend though!

Thanks in advance(y)

What chip is it?

As some chips are only designed for a certain phase of gt and there were 3 altogether.

Also has the chip been proven, as it could be more hassle that its worth in the long run (trust me)

The ECU is located underneath the scuttle panel (panel below the wipers) nearside, you need to remove the wiper arms and some screws holding the panel down to get to the ECU, Once you have removed the panel you will see the ECU is held down by some nuts and bolts remove these, Now before you go any further disconnect the battery (for the safety of the ecu), Going to the ECU you will see a small vac pipe remove this, Now you can remove the wiring loom plug going to the ECU you will need to remove a small screw that’s holding the block in place and then realise the clip that’s also holding the wiring plug in place the plug will now pull away from the ECU, The ECU is now ready to remove from the car.

There is a guide to openning up the ECU itself.

As for the chip it will just plug in no need for soldering.

There is an endless amount of chip threads on puntosports, log on and have a search. The most proven chip is the SEB chip, which is mark dependant. With the base chip you would be looking at at least 160bhp.

This one is a TKm Chip, ever heard of it?

Ive seen a SEB chip for £40 but it was coming from israel is that wherenthe company are??

:)

PJB88 said:
This one is a TKm Chip, ever heard of it?

Ive seen a SEB chip for £40 but it was coming from israel is that wherenthe company are??

:)

Not heard of that chip before.

The SEB chip comes from PowerOnTheRoad in Italy.

The one on ebay looks like a genuine Seb 2 chip for a GT3.

As i already pointed out there are different phases of the GT and each require different chips.

Last edited:
PUNTO GT exhaust

does any one know where i can get a full system from? i have just found out that they are not making them no more can anyone help?

so where are these places, because i need one asap, because mine is blowing and its a side exit,.

If it's a side exit then it's probably a custome job from somewhere like Powerflow or someone similar. Your best bet would be to get a custome exhaust place to look at it. Try using Yell.com or Google to search for custom exhausts.

Where's it blowing from? Could just be a loose clamp.

i thinks it blowing from the center section, thanks for that mate ill try yell.com.

Back