Punto Confusion

Currently reading:
Punto Confusion

AndyRKett

Distinguished member
as there are now forums for punto (1993-2006) the grande punto and punto Evo fiat have gone on to cause potential future confusion by going back to just 'punto' with the latest model

would it be helpful to move all the punto named forums together in the listing as at the moment grande is away from the others, and maybe a new forum for the new punto model or club together the grande evo and new version as they are all similar cars?

any other thoughts ?

Huh? Grande Punto is where it always was - now there is also a Punto Grande which is just a mirror of Grande Punto.

As you can see though, when you mirror a forum, the mirrored one doesn't list the post count - this is something I will have to work on.

My logic is though, if someone scrolls to GP - they will either click it regardless (and be taken to the posts) - or keep going and find it in Punto.

If we notice the post count down - we simply swap them around ;)

Huh? Grande Punto is where it always was - now there is also a Punto Grande which is just a mirror of Grande Punto.

As you can see though, when you mirror a forum, the mirrored one doesn't list the post count - this is something I will have to work on.

My logic is though, if someone scrolls to GP - they will either click it regardless (and be taken to the posts) - or keep going and find it in Punto.

If we notice the post count down - we simply swap them around ;)

I think when you were creating the mirror and they both appeared as "Punto Grande" Which was while the orignal Grande was been renamed.. The forum went Croma to Linea.

Its reappeared now anyway and theres only one Punto Grande section whereas 2 appeared on my screen.. But thats solved now (y)

wfKRtqMI3GV9AAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

wfKRtqMI3GV9AAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

• Thanks
Reactions: ben
I agree that it's rather late in the game to separate the Mk 1 and the Mk 2 but why not make a single forum for the Grande, Evo and 2012 as the Mk 3 as they all use the same bodyshell. Before long the Mk 4 will be upon us and it might be good to have this sorted in advance.

Same for a lot of the others on here. As an example, 500 Mk 1 (Original), Mk 2a (Euro New 500) and 500 Mk 2b (USA 500). The idea is to keep them together both as models and in the proper timeline.

If I was the owner of Grande Punto and came here, looked for a Grand Punto section and did not see one I would instead look further down for Punto sections and see that there is a Punto Grande one. :)

I would expect to see all punto related forums close to each other.
Given that the Evo is closely related to the Grande (so I am assuming) I read both forums - its better IMO to have them next to each other.

Last edited:
Back