Technical Punto 55, choke ?

Currently reading:
Technical Punto 55, choke ?

Bruce

Hi Guys, 1996 Punto55, starts runs great but no fast idle from cold, it is enrichening the mixture OK, i need to hold revs on for a couple of minutes till it warms up, what part of throttle body is responsible for increasing the revs whilst cold, a nice clear pdf would be nice.
regards Bruce.

dave

its controled by the ecu, it takes readings off of air and coolent tempature sensors, so you probably got a nackered air tempature sensor

OP
OP
Bruce

Bruce

(y) Yeah, thanks Dave, i know it's all controlled by the ECU but somehow more air is drawn in, previous models had a stepper motor which you could see moving, i think i found it anyway, looks like a solenoid with 4 terminals on it, inside plunger moves up and down on threaded shaft, i'll clean it up and see.

Hey, what's with the rabbits ?

alfa_v6

Could quite possibly be the stepper motor, very common fault. but generally a defectice stepper motor will cause more serious problems such as cutting out randomly and not starting whatever the engine temp.

OP
OP
Bruce

Bruce

Thanks guys, Hey Dave, are you saving the best pic till last ....... 'pie binki' lol:D

dave

Bruce said:
Thanks guys, Hey Dave, are you saving the best pic till last ....... 'pie binki' lol:D
people have been banned for says that before:eek: will let you off as your new, binki is the forum mascot

OP
OP
Bruce

Bruce

:confused: Err Ok Dave, whatever you say, Binki rules and err ....... Binki is top rabbit :confused: .......... da de da ............. and he's a great looking rabbit :rolleyes: ............... da de da .......... his fur is so warm......... and snuggly .......and errr ....... "OK BINKI IS THE MAN" !!! ................................................................................................................................................................. jeez ! :chin: hows that then? rabbit/Fiat ....... Fiat/rabbit :chin: .... mmmmm ........err ....rabbit/Fiat ....Fiat/rabbit......... awww shucks i give in:bang: