Technical Punto 55, choke ?

Currently reading:
Technical Punto 55, choke ?

Bruce

Hi Guys, 1996 Punto55, starts runs great but no fast idle from cold, it is enrichening the mixture OK, i need to hold revs on for a couple of minutes till it warms up, what part of throttle body is responsible for increasing the revs whilst cold, a nice clear pdf would be nice.
regards Bruce.

(y) Yeah, thanks Dave, i know it's all controlled by the ECU but somehow more air is drawn in, previous models had a stepper motor which you could see moving, i think i found it anyway, looks like a solenoid with 4 terminals on it, inside plunger moves up and down on threaded shaft, i'll clean it up and see.

Hey, what's with the rabbits ?

Could quite possibly be the stepper motor, very common fault. but generally a defectice stepper motor will cause more serious problems such as cutting out randomly and not starting whatever the engine temp.

Thanks guys, Hey Dave, are you saving the best pic till last ....... 'pie binki' lol:D

:confused: Err Ok Dave, whatever you say, Binki rules and err ....... Binki is top rabbit :confused: .......... da de da ............. and he's a great looking rabbit :rolleyes: ............... da de da .......... his fur is so warm......... and snuggly .......and errr ....... "OK BINKI IS THE MAN" !!! ................................................................................................................................................................. jeez ! :chin: hows that then? rabbit/Fiat ....... Fiat/rabbit :chin: .... mmmmm ........err ....rabbit/Fiat ....Fiat/rabbit......... awww shucks i give in:bang:

Back