Punto 2 Headlight Mod.

Currently reading:
Punto 2 Headlight Mod.

Derek

Hi all.
Anybody know what the modified headlight unit looks like compared to the unmodified one on the new Punto? (to stop steaming up)Is there a way for stupid old gits like me to tell if it has been done or not?:D

See yah....Derek :):):)

Barnsley Tyke.

I take it you mean the mod for the water ingress & misting up? Basically, what the dealers do is replace the back covers (where you gain access to the bulbs) of the headlights, the headlight units themselves aren't replaced. There is more ventilation on the covers and a small flexipipe if i remember rightly. The covers come in two sections, and there are two different types - one for standard Puntos and one for Puntos with front foglights. If the car isnt covered by warranty (3rd year dealer warranty will not cover it), the kits cost £14+ VAT. Easy enough to fit, except on the 16v where the fuse box hinders the nearside headlight a bit. If the dealers do fit it, they *should* only charge you for 0.3hours labour. If anyone wants any more information, i have the service information bulletin from Fiat that may help.

regards,
Paul

www.fiatbravo.org.uk - http://welcome.to/thebravoforum - [email protected]
Current Fiat fleet:
'98 Seicento Sporting - '02 Punto Sporting - '94 Tipo 1.4 ie S

Back