Technical Punto 188 1.9 JTD 63kW - HGT - Drive shaft problem, desperate !!!

Currently reading:
Technical Punto 188 1.9 JTD 63kW - HGT - Drive shaft problem, desperate !!!

portofinohgt

Hello to all of you people dedicated to Fiat, glad to see this kind of forum so active.

If you all don't mind I wouldn't hesitate to post my problem immediately, since I am desperate and exhausted in finding the right solution no matter the cost.

I have a Fiat Punto MK2 (188) Facelift, year 2003., with the 1.9 JTD 63kW/86ps engine. The car is equipped with HGT bumpers, side-skirts, HGT badge, interior with sport seats, leather multi-functional steering wheel, digital AC, hill climb and so on. I am posting this info, just so if any of this has any meaning for the solution, since I have no idea anymore what to do.

To explain furthermore, car has been in a minor accident, and the front right drive shaft has been damaged. Since then, I have been unable to find the appropriate shaft for my car. I don't know what to do, I ordered a few shafts from similar car and engine and none of them fit. I would really like to solve the problem, because the car is very nice and would be shame not to solve this :(

I will post the picture and would appreciate all the help from you people :) I'll do my best to return the favor if anyone helps me or even points me in the right direction. Thank you all, hope you have a good day :)

278648323_393746652635042_7784392523194162045_n.jpg

That style of driveshaft looks *exactly* like a Grande Punto driveshaft except the gear box end of the shaft is shorter on your driveshaft. So is it possible you have a modified combination? Are you sure what engine and gearbox you have in that car?

Attachments

• 17c5e7dc-efab-43db-a826-b7ed24680658.jpg
    17c5e7dc-efab-43db-a826-b7ed24680658.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 40
That style of driveshaft looks *exactly* like a Grande Punto driveshaft except the gear box end of the shaft is shorter on your driveshaft. So is it possible you have a modified combination? Are you sure what engine and gearbox you have in that car?
The closest one I could find was that the drive shaft comes for a 74kW version of 1.9 JTD, but i checked everything on the car and papers, it is a 63kW version :/ even the dealership is offering me different drive shaft.. No doubt that something on the car has been modified before me... it is truly a very annoying situation :(

you also have digitial air conditioning. I am sure somebody here will be able to help you. Some earlier petrol puntos did have the later grande punto engines. Your driveshaft looks nothing like the 188 driveshaft on eper.

You did not say where your one is broken. What actually is the problem with the driveshaft?

Attachments

• driveshaft.png
    driveshaft.png
    203.4 KB · Views: 37
you also have digitial air conditioning. I am sure somebody here will be able to help you. Some earlier petrol puntos did have the later grande punto engines. Your driveshaft looks nothing like the 188 driveshaft on eper.

You did not say where your one is broken. What actually is the problem with the driveshaft?
It bended a little, and the tripod joint was damaged.

Back