Punto 06 plate - ECU Problem

Currently reading:
Punto 06 plate - ECU Problem

heatherfenemore

hi,
i am brand new, so be kind :)

i have had problems with my car starting for some time now. have had 2 garages look at it and after running the diagnostics have been told the ECU is knackered and will need replacing :S

have been advised that this is a pricey job and that i should get rid!

is this a common fault for a car of 4 years or is it likely to be a manufacturing fault??

any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks :)

hi,
i am brand new, so be kind :)

i have had problems with my car starting for some time now. have had 2 garages look at it and after running the diagnostics have been told the ECU is knackered and will need replacing :S

have been advised that this is a pricey job and that i should get rid!

is this a common fault for a car of 4 years or is it likely to be a manufacturing fault??

any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks :)

No, it happens sometimes but its not common, can you recall any reason why it may have been damaged or gone faulty? Jet washed the engine bay maybe? Had the bonnet open in a rainstorm? Fiddled with the electrics with the battery connected? Had a miss-fire which was neglected?

You really need some more detail on why the ECU is "knackered" I say.

What codes are being read, what they mean and what can be done needs to be asked. I'd find a better garage TBH, or go to a dealer if money isnt too tight. Either way round is cheaper than buying another used car someone else has mis-treated.

Last edited:
Back