Technical Punt GT1 oil leak

Currently reading:
Technical Punt GT1 oil leak

GullyGT1

Hi Im new to this site as iv only owned my punto for about 2 months!! When i bought the car it had a small oil leak from the bottom of the dipstick but this didnt bother me as it was next to nothing since this the car as not been used as i bought its as a project.

I went out to my driveway the other day to run the car for an hour and to have a potch about so i lifted the bonnet and to my amazment there was oil everywhere covering the engine bay and also a large amount of oil on the ground under the car there is so much oil around the engine bay i cant realy see where the leak is. Has anyone got any ideas????

Will, take a while but clean it all up and run the car (with oil in) and see where it starts to leak.

Does it look as though it's been sprayed? Like on the underneath of the bonnet etc? If so look around the Belts, alternator belt, and cambelt
Most likely crankshaft oil seal or oil pump seal!

Went out and had a look around the engine bay earlier today and all the belts are dry as are the pulleys so i dont think its the crank seals but i noticed earlier that the dip stick was poping out now and again where could this back pressure be coming from? :confused:

Hows the car running? Could be pressure from worn piston rings allowing combustion to leak into oil.

Smell the oil to see if it smells like petrol. That's only thing I can think of to cause pressure in oil, or cracked cylinder head, either way the car won't run at full power and a compression test will prove it. If not maybe need a new dipstick??

The car runs perfect and is very powerfull so i dont understand it!! Can you steam clean these engines? If i can im going to do that then run it and see if i can see where the oil is coming from!

I was told you can't because of the ECU but then spoke to guy at garage about it and says its fine and he has done before so not too sure about that! Different people say different things

Ok cheers mate! I think il cover up the ecu and give a try being very careful lol! When i find out more il post again!! Thanks

Back