Pulling Teeth

Currently reading:
Pulling Teeth

The rules are bascially the same as for prescroption costs. I'm not going to state the lot or I'd be here all day but for Paulie if you go to a pharmacy, doctors surgery, NHS dentists or (I think) post office, get form HC1 and fill it in and send it off you will get free treatment provided you earn below a certain level. This doesn't always work - as a student I worked damn hard to earn £5k a year and because I got a student loan of £3k per year I was over the earnings limit for free treatment. Not amused :mad:

Benefits-wise it's anything where you don't work (except DLA or incapacity - here you must either be in receipt of income support or fill out HC1 as above) or WFTC (or whatever it is these days, provided you receive the full amount or the amount you receive hasn't been reduced by more than £70 a week (or it might be a month)). In other words chavs get it free, hard working folks have to pay :bang:

Update...

Well, I went back to see the dentist this afternoon, because it was really hurting, he said he could see nothing wrong, but packed my 'hole' with some stuff, which he said will clear up any infection and kill the pain.

The stuff quickly made my mouth go numb, and taste how a hospital smells, but it still hurts, and the stuff has just fell out :eek:

Gotta go back tomorrow.

Re: Update...

Hope it improves James! I really do, I can imagine it's horrible.

Helz, cheers, just ordered a HC1 form, I can once again become a chav!

Stop being a lightweight, it's supposed to hurt. Just remember, your mouth doesn't know it hurts, it's your brain telling you that it hurts, so you just have to convince your brain that it doesn't.

pghstochaj said:
Helz, cheers, just ordered a HC1 form, I can once again become a chav!

Is HC1 that horrible dirty great booklet thing that they expect you to fill in for free treatment? I gave up on that b***ard thing. It asked me questions I didn't know (and that are sod-all to do with anything!), and I didn't really need a filling anyway. It's just the dentist trying to screw even more of my hard-scrounged £££ out of me :mad: this was about a year ago and my teeth feel fine.

pghstochaj said:
Wooo! Can't wait! A long form - i hate any form as it is.

Remember that evil student loan form that you have to fill in (the purple one)? That is nothing compared to the ones for free dental treatment.

minislapper said:
Us poorly paid single parents don't have to pay for some things either !! I take
offence at being put in the same bracket as a chav !! :(

You need to send the kids down the mine or something, that should help matters ;) :D

Back