Pulling Teeth

Currently reading:
Pulling Teeth

James M

Established member
Having never needed any form of dentistry in the past, I have just undergone my first procedure, I had a wisdom tooth ripped out.

OMG, it didn't hurt as such, but it was bloody awful, it took him ages, he said the roots were huge, normally they are conical, but I had three, all sticking out all over the place :(

if you dont mind me asking, how old are you? ive got 4 wisdom teeth and they grew impacted then twisted 90 degrees and straightened up but i keep biting the inside of my cheeks so i was thinking of having em all pulled!! im 32 now so i bet the roots have gone all over the place. :D

Aghhh my mouth is crowded and I often bite the inside of my cheek at the back, I hate dentists :s

I love dentists!!

Had a few deep-root fillings a few years back, and an extraction of one of those said teeth last year - no pain as such, just the profuse bleeding afterwards! And fact he had to virtually kneel on my chest to pull it out! Nice :)

James, I sympathise! I had the two top wisdom teeth pulled a few years ago, it's the cracking and crunching noises that freaked me out.. Lower ones were impacted and needed a hospital visit to fix.

Salt water mouthwashes and a week off work, then everything was fine. Had a big wide jaw line like David Coulthard for a bit after though, until the swelling went down.

Cracking and crunching is definitely the worst bit! He had to fair old pull to get it out too!

Philbo, I'm 24, I think the teeth have been there a while, but only really started giving me bother quite recently.

Oh, and it is proper knacking now :(

pghstochaj said:
I'm going to put up with it! :s

So was I, but the pain I was in the last couple of weeks was incredible, almost like when I had a broken jaw. And I'm going on holiday 2nd January so I thought the last thing I wanted was to have it ruined by toothache.

Helz said:
I'm jealous, I can't even find a bloody dentist and can't afford private treatment :(.

I don't really understand it all, I haven't been to the dentist for about 4 years now, so I just rang around to see who could see me.

The dentist I saw is NH, but I'm still paying, though he said it going to be around £23 in total, for a checkup, extraction and a polish next week. I was worried it was gonna be loads, but I reckon thats rather cheap ;)

mine were painful when they were growing but once theyd twisted themselves into position they were fine. jaw clicks a bit tho. i think ill leave them alone until i need an excuse to get off work! hehe.

Let's put it this way James, the nearest dentist taking on NHS patients is about 45 miles away down a country road and even then there's a 3 month waiting list for an appointment. Just because you're lucky in your area doesn't mean we all are. Actually, Newcastle is probably the second nearest NHS dentist but I daresay they wouldn't take me on because I'm not classed as local :(.

Lambs to the slaughter ;) I have a filling and that was bad enough! I had a tooth out too at some point though I don't know why or when.

pghstochaj said:
Lambs to the slaughter ;) I had a tooth out too at some point though I don't know why or when.

Had you been abducted by aliens or something? :D

Helz, its crap that the NHS is allowed to get away with that, is there not a dental hospital or similar you could go to?

Maybe it was a dream but why would I have had one (not a wisdom tooth as it was sometime ago!) removed? I'll check my dental record lol

Eye tooth maybe?

Or maybe your mouth was just overcrowded?

Maybe your dentist is running an illegal tooth smuggling scam :D

Back