Pug 206

Currently reading:
Pug 206

Been offered a 53 Reg 1.1 peugeot 206 (facelift model) with 50 something k miles on it for the mondeo and £500 cash, possibly more with some haggling (y)

here it is:

your thoughts? in one mind it seems an ok deal and cheaper to run etc since i cant afford my insurance on the mondeo at the minuite, the £500 would basically insure me for a year..

Last edited:
Been offered a 53 Reg 1.1 peugeot 206 (facelift model) with 50 something k miles on it for the mondeo and £500 cash, possibly more with some haggling (y)

heres it is:

mail

your thoughts? in one mind it seems an ok deal and cheaper to run etc since i cant afford my insurance on the mondeo at the minuite, the £500 would basically insure me for a year..

your image link is to an email

works now
TBH you know its nothing to set the world alight
but if its gets you A to B (which i guess you want) then it will be a cheap runabout
unlike some i have no problem with french ;)

yeah true, i said i'd take a part-ex, but idealy i meant something for a few hundered quid, didn't want to go to a basic smaller car for just £500

I do simply because a lass at work has just bought one with similar mileage within 3months its had a new gearbox, clutch, and full exhaust due to rott. Spent an extra £1200 so far which has turned what was a bit of a bargain into a waste of money.

Whats wrong with the mondy? it was only a few months ago you were praising its economy, its drivibility and its speed and comfort etc....

Last edited:
If you cant afford the mondeo insurance, needs must im afraid, if you can afford to run this etc then its a no brainer.

Whats the point in waiting - hoping the ideal deal you want will come along as you might be waiting ages for it?

This might pass you by and you end up with something older, sh*tter and not what you wanted just beacuse you end up being forced to have the first thing that comes along due to it being the very last minute

Last edited:
If you cant afford the mondeo insurance, needs must im afraid, if you can afford to run this etc then its a no brainer.

Whats the point in waiting - hoping the ideal deal you want will come along as you might be waiting ages for it?

This might pass you by and you end up with something older, sh*tter and not what you wanted just beacuse you end up being forced to have the first thing that comes along due to it being the very last minute

well it's up for sale at £2400 at the min, tbh i'm in no rush, i actualy have insurance till the 19th, i'm sure i'll sell it within a couple of weeks, and there's end to the amount of cars i could get that will do all that the 206 will do for £600.

but then i'm thinking, i could end up with a right bag of sh!te, but thats true of buying any second hand car

well it's up for sale at £2400 at the min, tbh i'm in no rush, i actualy have insurance till the 19th, i'm sure i'll sell it within a couple of weeks, and there's end to the amount of cars i could get that will do all that the 206 will do for £600.

but then i'm thinking, i could end up with a right bag of sh!te, but thats true of buying any second hand car

I had a 106 with only 26k on it only last month, it was my grandads and totally unmarked and had been treat like a child, FSH, all new parts, all dealer managed from new, no rust, rot etc, full MOT and tax - i had that up for 2.3k but wouldve directly p/xd the mondy against it, even been willing to thrash out the ideal deal for you what you wanted and chopped in the focus and used the mondy.

I think i mentioned it when you first made noises but you kept umming and ahhing

I ended up taking 2k for it

Last edited:
well it's up for sale at £2400 at the min, tbh i'm in no rush, i actualy have insurance till the 19th

its the 13th today, thats 6 days, i cant you see you selling it as quick as you think as youve pitched it amongst many others thats for sale, its not exactly a prestine example either as it has a potential problem, its a buyers market out there, there are lots better out there im afraid than this one and can see people walking away from it to see something similar that might only be a few miles away, just because there are so many about

Last edited:
its the 13th today, thats 6 days, i cant you see you selling it as quick as you think as youve pitched it amongst many others thats for sale, its not exactly a prestine example either as it has a potential problem, its a buyers market out there, there are lots better out there im afraid than this one and can see people walking away from it to see something similar that might only be a few miles away, just because there are so many about

there's nothing wrong with it, it has a full ford service history and a service wallet full of bills you could use as a door stopper.

i'm not saying i will sell it by then, i'm saying i'm in no rush

there's nothing wrong with it

Alex-R opening post on 'new car suggestions' thread said:
hey all, only had the mondeo i few month but i fancy something else, one of the reasons for this is the DMF is getting close to the failure limit as it's on 80k.

I might be knocking on, but isnt that a potential problem?

Back