General Project RoadRallyCinq

Currently reading:
General Project RoadRallyCinq

No didn't weld plates onto the rear mainly because its taken to long now and its tight against the rear arches already so decided not to.

Welding in is better because it does become a integral part of the car, where as bolted it isn't as stiff but more convenient.

I'm happy with how its stuck in as its not going to move anywhere now and I'm just generally happy with it!

Thanks
Sion

I dont think the scruteneer will be happy with the lack of plats welded on the rear archs.
I would deffo get some welded in, the arches are soft as sh*t.

Thats a pic of how i did mine
IMG_0090.jpg

Contrary to no updates on here I have been doing a bit of work on the car. Again not as much as I liked as I'm back in uni and the car still isn't finished, but there has been progress.

Decided that I am going to weld the rear feet onto the car, came to my senses.
Have all the bits to fit the seats, and fitted one seat (sort of).
Been very kindly given a set of 3 point harnesses (I'll switch them for some 4 point 3" ones once I've finished.
Bias Valve fitted between seats.
Front half of braking system finished.
Washer bottle removed (going to fit one where the battery used to be).
Few other little things.

Now the even bigger list, things to be done.
Get it to start (something still isn't letting it start so gona renew all earth points, new bigger battery and check everything I can think of)
Wire cut-off
Exhaust system (all new rubbers, back box and few extra hangers)
New metal cable ties on inner CV rubbers
Fit new front struts
Finish rear brake lines
Fit new washer bottle
Fit and repaint strut brace
Vent and block charcoal canister pipes
Fit stud conversion properly
Spacers for front and rear
Finish seat mounts
Captive nuts for harnesses and boot straps
Finish bolting all bits of the cage and weld rear plates
New rear hubs
New disks and pads
And miscellaneous rally parts (cage padding, foot rest, clock, jack plug and cigarette lighter - moved to where speaker used to be, interior light and helicopter tape on cage)
Also a general service and adjustments.

Hopefully once that's done it can go for an MOT.

Going to be collecting all the parts over time until Easter-ish then one massive push over Easter should see it finished and ready for an event in June. Hopes a nice thing.

Thanks
Sion

Great read ( even though it took ages) and lovely car. Hopefully mine will look like yours one day!

Cheers

Jamie

Right the collecting has begun, bought a Honda CBR600 back box for the car, bargain at £10 (y). Hopefully it will make a nice light and compact back box that flows better than standard, if not, it'll look pretty good.

Thanks

Well a bit of an update as I've bought something else for the car, this:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=290495403456

A Punto gear selector, gona use it as a new approach to a short shifter, was pretty cheap so if it doesn't work no real harm done. I'll report back on how I'm gona use it nearer to the time of installing it.

Thanks
Sion

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back