General Project 500

Currently reading:
General Project 500

The spacer is needed for the 1242 as the block is taller, i'm sticking with the 1108.

The current engine spec is interim, in the next few months she'll get a bespoke GSR head and cam, MPi, rebuilt bottom end and a complete remap. Then i'm hoping for 110+bhp.

John

punto_jr_sx75 said:
If supersprint only do a 1108 manifold and you're putting a 1242 head (75 MPI head) how are you getting the manifold to fit to the head? It isnt a 1108 head then or am i missing something?

Jordan

The reason why you have to fit a spacer to the 1108 manifold when fitting the 1242 engine is because the block is taller than the 1008 block.

Making some good progress on this now. With the cage delivery due in the next week, the interior is now stripped, with just the tarry stuff to strip off the floor.

Its amazing how much stuff weighs, fr'instance the sound deadening and carpet comes to over 15kg!!! Changing to a race battery, whilst costing £70 saves another 6kg. And yes the stereo (a rather nice Sony Xplode CD head unit going spare) has been removed, saving another 2kg along with the speakers.

The short engine has gone off to Amac in Northallerton for machining, lightening and balancing, and Peter at GSR has got the 'head back from the machine shop and it looks stunning. He just awaits the new cam.

There's a few photo's and a blog update on my site, plus a rather nice pic of the integrale in action at Croft last week for all you lancisti out there.

Cheers, John

Made some serious progress on the project 500 cinq in the last few weeks...

The rollcage is now fully fitted and painted - and what a difference its made to shell stiffness. We've also fitted the Avo GTZ suspension kit (uprated & lowered springs, fully adjustable coilover front dampers, adjustable rear dampers). With the front strut brace now on it really has transformed the handling. Also the steering seems lighter too, although we've yet check the geometry after the changes.

The car is now off for a full respray next week, before it's fitted with the 1997 works Monte Carlo Rally graphics. Then it's in with the Sparco seats and some final touches to the wiring and dashboard. The engine is making slow progress, although thats not a problem given everything else we've had on!

Plenty of pictures on the nitrane website. As ever we welcome any comments.

Cheers, John

Last edited:
Its the OMP 8point bolt-in, supplied by Cat Motorsport. Can't quote a cost as i get a healthy discount for the 000's i've spent with him there. It was cheaper than DT though.

Weighs about 27kg, and has a nice feature of bolting to the b-pillar seatbelt mount which stiffens the shell up nicely (i'm not sure the sparco one does this). Fitted like an absolutely glove too which was a bonus. I've had the extra bar welded across the rear mounts to stiffen it further and mount the harnasses.

Cheers, John

Got the cinq back from the paint shop today, sure looks good in vivid red. Also got the works decal set from cybersignz and it looks great. Got to wait a few weeks first though to let the paint fully cure.

Pics n stuff as usual on my website.

In the meantime, here's the next stage of the project...

manifold.jpg

Cheers, John

The exhaust is a supersprint off the shelf.

The car will be an ongoing project i'm sure, although I am pencilled in for a track day at Elvington on 6th August. This will probably be with the std engine as the race engine is taking longer than expected - hence the reason why i've made so much progress with the shell.

I've got to sort the suspension first, i'm not happy with the rear springs, and am having a small argument with Avo as we speak.

Cheers, John

i was thinking of getting avo's would you say they are worth it.

I admire your work and enthusiam Jon, the interior is pure sexual is you can excuse the prepubescent compliment cos that's all I can think of just now.

Would like mines like that but it would be a pain everyday driver.

Liam

The Avo dampers are fantastic and great value for money, i'm just having a problem with them over the rear springs. Don't want to say too much at the moment cos they *may* sort it all out to my satisfaction. Fronts are 2.25 coils so no problems.

Can't truly comment on their performance until i've been on the track.

John

Back