Technical Problems with Ducato Campervan Waste Water Draining

Currently reading:
Technical Problems with Ducato Campervan Waste Water Draining

Robert56

I have a 2002 Fiat Ducato Campervan and I'm having a strange problem with the grey waste water drain point. Please see attached image.

On previous trips I turned the large grey tap and the waste water drained out no problem.

We're just back from a trip and when I turn the grey tap then no waste water emerges. I have tried running more water into the waste system but still nothing emerges.

Any ideas?

Also does anyone know what the smaller blue tap to the left had side of the image is for?

(sorry if the image appears upside down!)

Many thanks
Robert

Attachments

• Waste Water Drains.JPG
    Waste Water Drains.JPG
    159.7 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:
I have a 2002 Fiat Ducato Campervan and I'm having a strange problem with the grey waste water drain point. Please see attached image.

On previous trips I turned the large grey tap and the waste water drained out no problem.

We're just back from a trip and when I turn the grey tap then no waste water emerges. I have tried running more water into the waste system but still nothing emerges.

Any ideas?

Also does anyone know what the smaller blue tap to the left had side of the image is for?

(sorry if the image appears upside down!)

Many thanks
Robert
Undo jubilee clip remove grey tap see if waste water falls out.

Fatburg!!!!

You may have an historic build up of "gunge" which blocks up the small diameter pipe/tap.
A clean may be neccessary. There are bucket loads of threads on motorhome forums. Aggressive cleaners are best put directly down the waste and take for a drive to Slosh it all around. We reduce the amount of solids down the drain by wiping off with paper towels before washing. for cleaning we use the Buster plughole range of products (available lots of places and ALdi) Some people would reccommend a doesing of 6 -10 litres of cheap cola down the plughole. Do not use boilng water.
Be aware that Milton and Chlorine based cleaners are not acceptable in Stainless steel boilers eg Truma . Acetic acid is the most appropriate for hot water pipe and boiler treatment.

Robert,

As has already been suggested, your problem is probably due to a build up of waste matter. As in domestic drain systems, it prudent to avoid allowing solid waste and fats to enter the system.

The blue tap is the drain for your freshwater tank.

As this is a FIAT forum and generally devoted to the base vehicle, may I draw your attention to a possible fault. The rear mounting rubber for the silencer seems to be missing. This could cause a mechanical failure, and should result in MoT failure.

Both Motorhome Owners (MHO), and outandaboutlive (OAL) motorhome forums are free to join, and can provide a wealth of advice.

Thanks for all the advice to get the waster water drain tap working. I removed the jubilee clip and hey presto the waste water drained out. So I cleaned out the tap with a water hose and all is goodnow.

Also thanks for the answer re the blue tap being the fresh water drainage point but I'm still confused. I thought that the freshwater tank was on the other side of the van? I've uploaded a couple more pictures of the blue tap and the tank it is attached to. Could you confirm that is the freshwater tank? If it is then I need to figure out what the tank on the other side of the van is for!

Also thanks for noting the missing exhaust hangers. There are actually three missing of the six in total. If anyone knows where I can buy these, I would be grateful.

Best regards
Robert

Attachments

• Mystery Box 1.JPG
    Mystery Box 1.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 53
  • Mystery Box 2.JPG
    Mystery Box 2.JPG
    161.5 KB · Views: 61
The Blue tap issue is probably more suited to a Motorhome forum Stating Converter Model and year, it could be a second tank added to supplement the internal one.
as Communicator stated
Both Motorhome Owners (MHO), and outandaboutlive (OAL) motorhome forums are free to join, and can provide a wealth of advice.
https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk › forum
https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk
https://www.motorhomeowners.org

https://motorhomer.com/forums/

motorhomefun probably has the most traffic but is not free £20pa after 5 free posts.

Back