Technical Problems again

Currently reading:
Technical Problems again

frustrated

Right here we go again. I have a 2000 bravo 1.2. I did have the old idle problem, got a new idle motor, problem gone. Car went in for a MOT, needed a new cat fitting, I went to pick it up and couldnt as revs were sitting at 3000 when idling. Got it next day, idling fine starting as it should all that. I noticed the garage had stuck a screw under idle motor to lift it off, as car was still running ok, i left it. Now starting to get the revs dropping out and car trying to stall, not all the time but it seems to be getting worse, possibly more once car is warm. I know the throttle body was cleaned out when it went in for its MOT so shouldnt be that and the idle motor is already set away from the housing, is there a sweet spot for this to be set off, i have tried to get 3 washers behind each but find it a nightmare. I have also had the battery off for over an hour to see if it resets itself. Any ideas would be welcome.

Sounds like the classic manky throttle body. Do you trust whoever say cleaned it? Might be worth taking a look at that yourself.

Back