Problem with steering Wheel.

Currently reading:
Problem with steering Wheel.

K

Keval

I have a problem after puting some alloys on. I had my standard hlx alloys on the car and the car was running fine. but when i changed the alloys to the ones i got off andy the cars got a problem.

Basically i drive to college every morning and its a bit of a long way. I have to take the a routes which is 70mhp.. when the car is doing 70mhp the steering wheel suddenly starts to vibrate and the car wouldnt go in a stright line.

it was perfectly fine before when i had my standard wheels on...

what can be the problem guys?

thanks

wheels prop need balancing. when fitted did you check for weights on the wheels? afaik the rear wheels dont need doing, could just need to swap the wheels around.

PIC_0085-1-2.jpg

sounds stupid mate, but are you sure you have them on tight to the hub? i know they are a pain in the bum to fit right due to the 'perfect' tollerance.

or, it could just be the balancing. never had an issue on my hgt with them on, and they havent been of my car that long

Try tightening the bolts first and check the tyre pressures, if the problem still occurs, get all the wheels rebalanced and if that doesn't work it could be a deformed tyre or a buckled front wheel.

You could swap the front wheels to the back and see if it stops. But then you'll feel the car under your bum shake rather than the steering wheel.

Banner08.jpg

Items For Sale:
ePER V4.0 2008 DVD, Bravo & Marea Workshop Manuals, Fiat Bravo Haynes Manual &, Fiat Bravo Owners Manual on CD etc...

Contact Me for more details.

yes i have fitted them really tight. i think the wheels at the front might need balancing. or i might just replace the back ones to the front. thanks for your replys.